It is unacceptable that any child’s life is destroyed by war. Children in Conflict believe in responding to outbreaks of conflict to provide the vital protection, education and hope children need to restore some normality when their world has been turned upside down. As a result of conflict, all too often children are hurt and lose their life chances. Our ability to rapidly respond gives them the best possible chance of recovering their childhood and building a better future for themselves.
We deliver our support to children with our partner War Child UK. Children in Conflict strives to raise awareness and funds in the US for the critical programs War Child UK provides to children in conflict zones. Together, we have one shared vision; a world in which children’s lives are no longer torn apart by war.
Established in 2017, Children in Conflict is a new organization in the US. We have steadily increased our impact by working with a group of committed individuals who share our vision. As we enter the next phase of our growth we are now seeking an individual to join our team and support our efforts as we focus on developing our major donor fundraising program to provide the highest quality of care for our donors, and to ensure we continue to increase our impact on the lives of children around the world.
Working closely with the Executive Director and Head of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will deliver outstanding cultivation and stewardship efforts for Children in Conflict’s major donor portfolio. You will build meaningful long-term relationships with our dedicated donors, whilst proactively leveraging music and events as a vehicle to connect with our supporters.
Children in Conflict benefits from the support of the entertainment industry and high-profile individuals that allows access to intimate opportunities for our donors, you will play an instrumental role in the planning and delivery of special events, hosted by Children in Conflict Global Ambassadors.
Based in New York City, the Major Gifts Officer will report to the Head of Development and will work as part of Children in Conflict’s small, dynamic team, which includes the Executive Director and Head of Music & Events. You will also interact with London based members of the War Child UK fundraising, programs and advocacy teams.
What You’ll Do
Donor Relations Management
· Maintain a personal portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, defined as those giving a gift of $1,000 - $100,000
· Identify, qualify and develop a pipeline of major gift prospects
· Develop and implement strong cultivation and solicitation plans for prospects and donors to generate significant income from the portfolio. This will include face to face meetings, regular calls, attending events, writing proposals and impact updates
· Ensure solicitation plans and timelines are in line with the organization’s annual targets, ensuring strategies are compatible and maximize opportunities with the organization’s music and entertainment activity calendar
· Support the fundraising efforts of the Head of Development and Executive Director in securing gifts from Leadership donors, defined as those giving a gift of $100,000+
· Work with the Head of Development to design and execute a donor stewardship calendar of events for major donors and prospects
· Work with Head of Music & Events to ensure events can be utilized as part of your stewardship strategies
· Monitor income and expenditure targets and provide regular progress reports
· Manage, track and record major donor portfolio’s donations
· Ensure all records are up to date on CRM (Salesforce)
· Working collaboratively with board members and staff on fundraising
· Ideally a minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing high-level donor relationships
· Ability to work with minimal guidance and thrive in implementing new and exciting initiatives
· Demonstrated success in securing gifts of $10,000+ and track record of delivering against targets
· Ability to conceive, plan, and execute a major gifts program
· Willingness to be hands-on in a small team
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present information, verbally and in writing, including briefings and project reports to a range of audiences in a clear and confident manner
· A proactive approach to networking and identifying new potential donors
· Strong online research skills and an experienced user of Microsoft Word and Excel to manage budgets
· Excellent grasp of donor database software, ideally Salesforce
· Organized and able to plan and prioritize to meet multiple deadlines
· Ability to travel overseas to areas of Children in Conflict operation – if required
Nice to Have
· Experience working in the Humanitarian Aid and International Development sector
· Experience of fundraising for an organization that supports the needs of children
· A qualification in Fundraising
· Experience of working with giving circles
· Understanding of event management and/or delivery of special events
· Experience in delivering special projects/campaigns
· Experience managing high profile relationships
Benefits and contract terms
The co-working office space is hosted by an organizational partner, where you will have access to weekly program of events, daily complimentary lunch and breakfast three times a week. At Children in Conflict we believe in investing into the development and well-being of our team members to give them the tools they need to succeed in their role. We are proud to offer competitive salaries and as well as benefits that include:
· Dental & Vision
· Life Insurance
· Flexible working environment
· 22 days of paid annual leave
· Compensation commensurate with experience and comparable to the non-profit industry
Start date: April 2020
Role term: This is a full-time, permanent role based in New York City.
Resume and cover letter to Sheena Bourke; [email protected] by 10am on Wednesday 4th March 2020
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org