The Bretton Woods Committee is the non-partisan network of prominent global citizens, which works to demonstrate the value of international economic cooperation and to foster strong, effective Bretton Woods institutions as forces for global well-being.
Committee members are leaders at the top of the business, finance, academic, and non-profit sectors who share the belief that international economic cooperation is essential and best served through strong and effective international financial institutions (IFIs). Through the Committee, members champion global efforts to spur economic growth, alleviate poverty, and improve financial stability. The Committee organizes frequent conferences and seminars, some designed to reach a broad public audience and some to offer members the opportunity to provide advice, support, and constructive criticism to the management of the IFIs. Committee members provide ideas and thought leadership to policy makers on relevant issues, and also remind elected leaders that global economic prosperity and lasting national security are closely tied to continued progress on multilateral issues
The Operations Associate leads the organization’s operational systems in database management, digital communications, and vendor and IT management, and provides support in the areas of membership recruitment and fundraising, program and event execution, and administrative support for senior staff.
- Lead the management of all database operations including data entry, data analysis, data quality assurance, and data reporting functions including monthly transaction reports.
- Support implementation of annual membership recruitment and fundraising drives, including prospect research, coordinating requests, drafting acknowledgment letters, processing and recording of membership contributions, making deposits, etc.
- Support execution of logistical support for large conferences and smaller events including maintenance of invitation lists, distribution of invitations, registration tracking, coordination and production of program materials and communications, and on-site logistics.
- Maintain and update Committee website and social media on a daily basis and ensure adherence to appropriate style guidelines across platforms.
- Lead development and distribution of digital communications including compiling content and distributing quarterly newsletters and periodic e-blasts, tracking e-mail correspondence with Committee members and friends; etc.
- Serve as first point of contact for members and partners and manage communications including incoming phone calls, general inbox emails, member visits/meetings, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all vendors and contractors including management of outsourced IT teams.
- Lead office operations and administration including managing organizational calendar and scheduling meetings and appointments, maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, ordering office supplies, managing incoming and outgoing mail, supporting accounting processes, and coordinating office social events.
- Identification, shape, and implement methods to improve office and operational efficiency, including designing new processes, procedures, or systems where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize competing projects, a proactive and self-starter nature.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (experience utilizing mail merge a plus) and web-based contact databases (CRM).
- Knowledge of social media platforms, Drupal and basic HTML, bulk email platforms such as Vertical Response/Mail Chimp.
- Experience working in context of senior officials and opinion leaders while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Customer service orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- 1-2 years of professional experience; prior operational or member services experience preferred.
- Degree in international affairs (economics, development, etc.), business, finance, administration, non-profit management, or related fields preferred;
- Interest in global financial issues and/or international development a plus.
1701 K Street, NW, Suite 950, Washington, DC 20006
Salary and Benefits
High 30s to low 40s, dependent on experience; employer sponsored health care and retirement plans; paid vacation and sick leave.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Deputy Director Emily Slater, [email protected], referencing the Operations Associate position in your subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org