Responsible for ‘end-to-end’ grant-making and grant-management activities and managing in-country donor and government relationships in designated countries.
Contract duration: 12 months
Required travel: 40%
Principal accountabilities and ownership
1. Operational grant making and management: Responsible for collaborating with other Country Managers to ensure efficient, effective, and compliant grant making and management of GCERF portfolio.
2. Relationship management: Responsible for strengthening in-country relations with government agencies including but not limited to the Country Support Mechanisms, donor representatives, and other key stakeholders such as the UN through regular, strategic, and systematic engagement in designated countries.
3. Thematic focal point: Responsible for developing and promoting GCERF’s expertise on specific themes (PVE, gender, ethics, etc.) in collaboration with other Country Managers.
Personal skills and attributes
• Proactivity and innovation
• Ability to work in a start-up environment
• Drive for results
• Teamwork and flexibility
• Effective communications
• Good judgement, informed and fair decision-making
• Entrepreneurial spirit
The Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) is a global fund that works with local partners to strengthen community resilience to violent extremism.
GCERF is currently active in 7 countries: Bangladesh, Kenya, Kosovo, Mali, Nigeria, the Philippines, Tunisia and soon in Somalia and Sri Lanka.
GCERF is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org