In close collaboration with the Country Director (CD), the DCD-HoP’s plays a key role in maintaining a strategic vision for SI Lebanon’s programs, ensuring overall program quality, impact, and accountability, as well as strategic thinking for the development of SI Lebanon.
He/She ensures that programs are driven by needs, based on evidence, adaptable to contextual changes, monitored closely and resourced appropriately. He/She ensures the internal coherence among program activities.
He/She oversees SI Lebanon’s entire grant management cycle and reporting processes.
He/She is part of SI Senior Management Team and assumes direct line-management of the Technical Coordinators (WaSH, Shelter, Protection, DRM, Information Management, MEAL) and of the Grant Manager.
The coordination team is composed of:
- A Country Director;
- A Deputy Country Director (Head of Programs), managing a Wash/Shelter/IM/MEAL Coordinator + a Grant Manager;
- 2 Support Coordinators (logistics and administration) and their teams.
In Tripoli and Zahle, programs are managed by Project Managers under the direct supervision of 2 Field Coordinators. Program Coordination maintains a functional relationship with both the Program Managers and the Field Coordinators.
This position has 6 direct reports: MEAL Co, IM co, Shelter Co, Wash Co, Protection Co, Grant manager.
- Strategic Direction;
- Donor, Grant, Relationship management and representation;
- Programme Development & Quality Management – MEAL Coordination;
- Institutional knowledge building;
- Personnel management.
- Advance university degree (BA) in development & humanitarian studies, social sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years with INGO specialized in Humanitarian assistance;
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Head of Programs in similar country set-ups and budget volume/program portfolio;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Project/Program manager, Technical coordinator or on similar positions;
- Proven experience in designing country wide programmatic strategies;
- Proven experience in managing large size technical teams;
- Proven experience in designing and/or managing integrated programs especially in shelter/WaSH, Health and Protection;
- Previous experience with SI a strong asset;
- Previous working experience in the Middle East and/or Lebanon is an asset
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong Project Cycle Management skills;
- Strong coordination skills;
- Knowledge of SI programmatic strategies.
SOFT SKILLS AND SPIRIT:
- Good negotiation and diplomacy skills;
- Organized and problem solving spirit;
- Autonomy and capacity of initiative;
- Flexibility and strong coordination skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, with peaks of heavy workloads.
- Excellent command of English and French (speaking, reading and writing) a must;
- Good command of Arabic is a strong asset.
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethos.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org