The H2H Network is an innovative collaboration of approximately 55 humanitarian agencies that provide services to support humanitarian and emergency action. The network’s members offer specialist services, developed and available to all humanitarian responders, that address cross-cutting issues to help overall response be more effective, of higher quality, and more efficient. The network’s core team supports the members with services and funding for specific emergencies.
The H2H Network is supported by UK aid from the UK government and hosted by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs.
About the job
The right candidate will lead on the programme management of the H2H Global COVID 19 Humanitarian Support Package, working with a new COVID-19 Advocacy Officer. The H2H Global COVID-19 Humanitarian Support Package supports global yet local efforts to fight the pandemic. It will be especially focused on countries and/or regions with weaker health systems. The package integrates projects from network members in the areas of communicating with and accountability to communities affected by the crisis, information management, and humanitarian training and capacity building.
The Global COVID-19 Humanitarian Support Package was developed based on feedback and consultations with the crisis responders (IFRC, WHO, UNICEF, DfID, and H2H network members that have already been supporting COVID-19). It runs through November 2020; the position extends through the after action and reporting period, ending 28 February 2021.
The H2H COVID-19 team of two will facilitate members’ work within the package, coordinate the overall package and ensure integration with other global and regional humanitarian actions focused on COVID-19.
In addition to working with the new Advocacy Officer, this position will work as part of the network’s core team, which also includes the network’s coordinator, fund activation advisor, network development advisor, communications and advocacy associate, and compliance and finance officer. This position will report to the H2H Network Fund Advisor.
While the position could initially be home based (at the beginning of the employment - depending on countries’ restrictions linked to pandemic situation), it will be based within a DRC office, preferably Geneva, Copenhagen or Brussels.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Understand and build on how different funded projects interlink and overlap.
- Ensure the overall package is docked into the existing structures being developed by WHO, IFRC, and other major response agencies, on global, regional and country level.
- Organise and animate regular online meetings with the member agencies represented in the overall package to ensure that the working relationship between projects is conducive to the successful achievement of agreed objectives.
- Coordinate cross-project activities within the package and/or with other member agencies working in COVID-19.
- Support projects implementation by providing guidance and advice to projects, identifying opportunities for continual improvement, enhancing the quality of existing programs.
- Contribute to grant management and coordinate reporting to donor.
- Manage procurement process for grant and contribute to financial review, ensuring expenses reported are in line with budget.
- Oversee sub-grant agreements with members within the package, including following procedures and policies in relation to budgets, budget amendments and no-cost extensions.
- Manage sub-grantee mid-term and final narrative and financial reports; guide members through processes as needed.
- Prepare final donor report on package
- Apply network’s nascent MEAL framework to Global COVID-19 Support Package.
- Assess program performance, ensuring relevant standards and process are upheld.
- Work with advocacy officer in measuring and collecting data for adaptive programming throughout the life of the package and during the after-action collection period.
- Manage advocacy officer’s use of findings to advocate to key stakeholders.
- Oversee after action, develop report and provide feedback to members.
- Ensure awareness of the package and the overall services among key stakeholders at global, regional and country level.
- Manage the COVID-19 Advocacy Officer in developing and maintaining a dashboard of activities from the package and weekly newsletter on tips and resources.
- Oversee COVID-19 communications plan to be implemented by COVID-19 Advocacy Officer, including external and internal awareness.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in international development studies, project management, humanities or related field.
- Proven experience in programme management; track record in successfully implementing finite humanitarian programmes.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector.
- 3 years’ experience in emergency response
- Experience working with or within a humanitarian service provider is preferred; familiarity with or direct work in community engagement/accountability, information management, training/capacity building and/or logistics management a plus.
- Excellent networking and representation skills and ability to build effective relationships in a range of environments
- Excellent communication skills: ability to work effectively with and coordinate a range of people remotely.
- Strong planning and time management skills; demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure juggling multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Good grasp of financial management and compliance issues for donor funded projects.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Must be eligible to work in country of DRC office, preferably Geneva, Belgium or Denmark.
In this position, you are expected to adhere to established humanitarian principles and embody the vision and mission of the H2H Network:
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org