Contract period: Fixed term 2,5 years with possible extension
Reports to: Director of Civic, Public & Private Sector Engagement
Location: Sweden/open to discussion
WWF Sweden is recruiting a Coordinator with focus on policy capacity building, within the framework of the newly started programme Voices for Diversity (VfD). The aim of the programme is to strengthen policy advocacy capacity within the WWF Network and partners, especially in Africa and Asia.
The Capacity Building Coordinator will support the WWF network’s aim of increasing knowledge of policy and advocacy methods and approaches, as well as improved coordination of policy and advocacy strengthening efforts in the WWF Network.
The Capacity Building Coordinator will form part of the Global Policy and Advocacy Team (GPAT) at WWF International. The focus of the position will be on the capacity building efforts that GPAT implements to strengthen WWF offices on policy advocacy. These activities range from developing written training material to organising physical and virtual workshops and trainings as well as preparatory clinics before key policy meetings.
The Capacity Building Coordinator will support WWF Sweden in monitoring the policy and advocacy outcomes of the Voices for Diversity Programme. This entails supporting the VfD programme coordinator in the dialogue with the global positions included in the programme in term of quality outcome-based planning and reporting.
S/he will also work closely with WWF policy staff to support the efforts of integrating human rights in training materials and policy and advocacy approaches and tools.
Working relations: The Capacity Building Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the Global Policy and Advocacy Team, with WWF governance and human rights experts, with the Global Governance Policy Coordinator, the Illegal Wildlife Policy Coordinator and, WWF advocacy teams at WWF partner offices, especially the ones included in the VfD programme. The position will also work closely with the Voices for Diversity Programme Coordinator at WWF Sweden.
- Coordinate and conduct the policy and advocacy training needs assessment in cooperation with the global policy and advocacy team;
- Support capacity building efforts by the global policy and advocacy team for WWF offices and partners;
- Plan, organise and implement trainings, workshops and preparatory clinics (virtual and face-to-face) before key policy meetings;
- Provide coaching and mentoring on designing and delivering high-impact policy and advocacy initiatives;
- Develop adapted training materials and modules to prepare and guide WWF offices and partners in their policy and advocacy work;
- Support the development and use of monitoring and evaluation approaches and tools to capture change caused by policy and advocacy efforts;
- Support Voices for Diversity programme manager with reporting concerning global policy advocacy work;
- Support joint efforts to strengthen the inclusion of human rights in WWF policy and advocacy efforts;
- Manage consultants as required;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required by the line manager.
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in policy advocacy at international and national levels for conservation, environment and human rights or indigenous rights work. Experience from countries in Africa or Asia is an asset;
- Experience of global processes such as UNFCC, CBD, CITES and Agenda 2030 is an advantage;
- Ability to organise and implement workshops and trainings, both online and offline;
- Track record of delivering capacity strengthening of policy advocacy;
- Experience of working with a human rights-based approach and human rights in conservation;
- Experience of working with governments, corporate sector, aid agencies, civil society, and NGOs;
- Experience of strengthening voices of marginalised groups, especially indigenous peoples and local communities is considered an advantage;
- University degree in a relevant discipline e.g. human rights, political science, environmental policy, international relations, or similar disciplines, or equivalent knowledge acquired by other means;
- Outstanding communication and coordination skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and facilitate solutions focused engagements in multidisciplinary and diverse working environments. Demonstrated ability to successfully engage in remote teamwork is considered an asset;
- Experience of working in complex organisations;
- A strong team player, with an ability to promote network-wide collaboration;
- Written and oral proficiency in English is required for this role. Knowledge of Swedish, French, Spanish, Swahili and/or Portuguese is an advantage; any other language/s an asset.
The Capacity Building Coordinator will work from WWF Sweden’s office, Stockholm but alternative locations can be discussed.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org