This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the US Army Intelligence and Security CMD, Office of the Chief of Staff Intelligence Oversight Office, Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Serves as an Intelligence Oversight subject matter expert in the areas of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) policies, operations, and technologies.
- Coordinates with INSCOM MSC commanders and staff directors on INSCOM?s OSINT Intelligence Oversight program.
- Coordinates with INSCOM Major Subordinate Commands (MSC) and non-INSCOM commands, to fully identify and remediate unauthorized OSINT activities.
- Participates in the management of HQDA Title 10 support to current operations.
- Assists in resolving OSINT auditing questionable activities of Army OSINT Office managed toolsets.
- Assists in developing, implementing, maintaining and conducting OSINT Intelligence Oversight training of Army personnel world-wide as needed.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) travel (CONUS/OCONUS) may be required 25% or less of the time.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination with No Deception Indicated (NDI) on a pre-appointment and periodic basis.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on a single-scope background investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel (CONUS/OCONUS) may be required 25% or less of the time.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver?s license and be able to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. Government motor vehicle operator?s license.
- All INSCOM employees may be subject to extended TDY or worldwide deployment during crisis situations to perform mission essential function as determined by management.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org