The Center for Security and Emerging Technology is seeking applications for Semester Research Analyst positions to focus on research at the intersection between cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, and national security. We are a research organization focused on studying the security impacts of emerging technologies, supporting academic work in security and technology studies, and delivering nonpartisan analysis to technologists and policymakers. This project represents an important expansion of our research efforts.
Semester Research Analysts will report to the Principal Investigator for the CyberAI project and will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Research Fellows, other Research Analysts, Data Scientists, and Center leadership to develop and execute research proposals.
- Supporting research tasks like completing literature reviews, conducting research interviews, identifying and analyzing additional data and information sources from non-academic sources.
- Contributing to and coauthoring written publications under the supervision of Research Fellows.
- Attending DC briefings and events and provide summaries to Research staff.
- Developing and helping to deliver presentations and briefs for policy-making audiences on cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Monitoring trends and developments in cybersecurity, AI, and national security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in research and policy analysis including familiarity with interpreting and visualizing data;
- Ability to carry out self-directed research and assigned tasks with limited need for supervision;
- Proficiency with office productivity tools like Google Docs, Microsoft Office, etc.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills; and
- Motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven.
- Graduate coursework in international relations, public policy, law, economics, or related field;
- Research experience in national security and technology policy;
- Familiarity with recent developments in machine learning and computing;
- Project or team management experience;
- Proficiency in statistics and data analysis; and
- Foreign language proficiency.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org