WIAN are looking for a Social Media Manager with passion, experience and skills to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a creative eye with experience in producing engaging and aspirational content with an analytical mind to report on metrics to help shape the social media strategy. The primary responsibility of the Social Media Manager is to plan, implement, manage and monitor the company's social media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve our marketing efforts and increase our outreach. WIAN is made up of 4 teams, Operations, Partnerships, Programmes and Communications. Sitting in the Communications team, the Social Media Manager will work closely with the Content Manager to ensure WIAN has regular content going out to members and on our online platforms. Through managing our marketing campaigns, the Social Media Manager will also have some input in shaping WIAN’s brand voice.
- Lead on all social media activity and manage WIAN’s brand online through social activity and the creation and management of online visuals / graphics
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate the company’s overall marketing campaign plan and channels
- Work with the CEO, Communications Officer and Community Manager in developing and implementing new and innovative ways to engage with our members using original content.
- Growing the number of engaged fans, followers and subscribers for each Social channel via paid and organic campaigns and ideas.
- Potential line management responsibilities - including managing members of the communications team, setting SMART tasks and objectives and conducting tri-annual appraisals.
- Supporting the delivery of communications for our mentorship programme including assisting with adequate advertisement and promotion of the programme across our online platforms and social media
- Enhancing the company’s online presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
- Monitoring and reporting on social media posts, feedback and online reviews using Google Analytics, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and Facebook analytics.
- Providing regular social media metric reports and finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Reaching out to and building relations with external individuals and partners to collaborate with WIAN on specific content, resources and events.
- Supporting the Content Manager to ensure a regular stream of original content is shared across WIAN’s online platforms and in editing content.
Key priorities for the next 12 months:
- Developing a strategy to raise our social media profile and following including setting and monitoring KPIs and other performance metrics for the team such as audience growth; audience profile; audience engagement; engagement by content type; response rate and quality etc.
- Initiating data collection strategies and incorporating digital analytics to better tailor our communications to our target market and disseminate key findings to the rest of the team.
- Creating social media campaigns for our events and programmes.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org