The Intern will be part of the Strategic Partnerships Team, which has responsibility for relationship management of IRC’s key institutional donors.
Purpose of the Role
The Strategic Partnership Team guide and coordinate IRC’s funding focused engagement with the IRC’s main institutional donors. The Senior Advisors in the team provide an internal and external “account management” function, providing expertise and leadership on donor and partner relations, and acknowledging the needs, interests and time constraints of colleagues in the delivery of that content.
The EU strategic partnership intern will report to the Senior Advisor, Strategic Partnerships – EU and will assist the Senior Advisor in day-to-day work involving EU donors and stakeholders. The current EU portfolio includes: ECHO, Europeaid/EU Trust Fund and other EU DGs, such as DG Home, DG Justice, DG Research and DG Employment.
Scope and Authority
- Feed into donor engagement strategy for EU institutions/DGs;
- Assist with the engagement and development of strong donor relationships with EU institutions/DGs donors and partners;
- Attend some general meetings with EU institutions/DGs donors and partners as determined by the Senior Advisor.
Responsibility for Resources:
- This role will not have budget or staff management responsibilities.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to the Senior Advisor, Strategic Partnerships - EU;
- Works closely with colleagues in the Brussels office, particularly Policy & Advocacy and Communications, as well as Senior Advisors in the Strategic Partnerships Team.
Key Accountabilities and Major Responsibilities
Information and Knowledge Management:
- Assist with maintaining up to date knowledge of IRC’s position relevant to EU institutions/DGs donors, including portfolio, pipeline, implementation and compliance issues, advocacy aims and the status of senior level HQ-HQ engagement;
- Assist with maintaining up to date knowledge of donor strategies and policies relevant to IRC’s areas of work, such as funding priorities, geographical interests and political climate, providing analyses and synopses of press releases, policies and other announcements, and disseminating this information internally;
- Assist with mapping donors' organizational structure and key contacts;
- Assist with managing the information on the contact management database and IRC’s Intranet;
- Assist with the implementation of Donor Engagement Plans;
- Assist with the development of tools and resources to support IRC's donor engagement;
- Assist with research for reports, briefings, donor profiles, presentations and other materials for internal and external use.
- Participate in meetings with donors/stakeholders as determined by the Senior Advisor to support the development of IRC’s donor relationships;
- Support with scheduling meetings with donors and Regional and Technical Leadership, Country Directors, etc.;
- Represent the IRC at external meetings, events, and forums.
In addition, work flexibly within the Strategic Partnerships Team to support other areas of work.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a related field or experience leading to equivalent knowledge;
- Understanding of the political environment and trends relevant to EU institutions/DGs (notably ECHO & DEVCO) and knowledge of donor policies, priorities and financing mechanisms;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, including preparing briefings for colleagues and representing with external stakeholders and donors;
- Good analytical skills and first-class attention to detail;
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of undertaking reviews of policies, datasets and reports, and producing associated written and verbal guidance relevant to senior and operational staff;
- Ability to work supportively and successfully with virtual teams.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org