Our established and growing Tech Policy Practice in Brussels has an opportunity for a Senior Associate Director or Director to join our dedicated team.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member who will be responsible for managing large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work product of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, a genuine interest in and expert knowledge of EU tech policy, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within trade associations.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy (all policy areas under the Commission’s “Europe fit for the digital age” strategy, but AI and the Digital Services Act in particular) a strong plus
- Be viewed as a thought-leader in the market
- Initiate and nurture client relationships, manage large client teams, take ownership of client projects by supervising project teams and delegate projects and tasks effectively
- Serve as principal client contact; know when to leverage senior level relationships within APCO to further build the relationship within the client’s organization
- Confidently lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas
- Develop and implement the strategy which supports the client’s objectives, including everything from developing public affairs plans to properly scoping and pricing work, as well as managing work activities and resources within agreed upon budgets
- Lead teams around business development opportunities and manage proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunities
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective project management, can effectively address issues, and understand how account engagements tie to APCO’s business management
- Develop positive reputation and visibility within the APCO global network
- Engage in productive exchanges with colleagues to promote knowledge-sharing and business opportunities
- Take ownership and actively engage in team member development demonstrating thoughtful planning to increase individual skill sets by setting smart objectives
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org