- Manage and supervise the Secretariat’s team.
- Set up annual budget for ARMAC and seek approval from Steering Committee of ARMAC.
- In close and regular consultation with Steering Committee of ARMAC, set up ARMAC’s long term strategy and seek Steering Committee of ARMAC’s approval.
- Manage day to day administrative, operational and financial activities of ARMAC.
- Recruit key personnel for ARMAC in line with the human resources policy and manual.
- Undertake the necessary steps to ensure the full operationalization of ARMAC in accordance with its Terms of Reference (TOR), guidelines, policies and manuals.
- Set up document repository, electronic filing system, library and database system for long term use and benefits of ARMAC.
- Ensure that ARMAC fulfils the Mandate and Functions as provided for in its TOR including project formulation and management, and fund raising.
- Evaluate personnel performance and enhance their capacities in line with the human resources policy and manual.
- Provide vision, leadership and guidance to the Secretariat and its personnel.
- Organize performance evaluation of Executive Director in accordance with procedures set out by Steering Committee of ARMAC.
- Organize and prepare internal and external financial audit of ARMAC in accordance with its finance policy and manual, and as tasked by Steering Committee of ARMAC.
- Organize and prepare reports of ARMAC’s achievements/activities in line with the guidelines on decision making and reporting processes.
- Develop and implement short and long-term work plan of ARMAC in accordance with its TOR, and guidance of Steering Committee of ARMAC.
- Strengthen ARMAC’s relationship with the AMS, development partners and other stakeholders.
- Mobilise resources in the form of cash, in-kind and others to support ARMAC’s operation.
- Other tasks as consulted with Steering Committee of ARMAC from time to time.
- Be a national of an ASEAN Member State;
- Have an advanced degree, preferably Master degree in International Relations, Public Administration, Public Policy, Management, Law, or professional qualifications in an appropriate discipline;
- Have at least 10 (ten) years of professional experience with a proven track record, at least 5 (five) years of which have been at a managerial or a senior level position in government, non-governmental, inter-governmental, and/or international organization(s), or other public and/or private institute(s);
- Have proven skills in leadership, administration, executive management and planning;
- Have a good record and substantial experience in fund-raising, grant writing including the ability to expand the network of donors and dialogue partners, interested countries, international and regional organizations;
- Have experience in mine actions, in particular ERW actions as well as with a wide spectrum of organizational and corporate management practices, including extensive experience in financial management, procurement, and program and project management;
- Have the necessary and relevant background and understanding in international and regional issues, and in diplomatic practise as well as knowledge of ASEAN and its processes;
- Have good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings;
- Is committed to consultative and collaborative approaches and work practices;
- Have the necessary skills to develop and cultivate good working relationship with governments of ASEAN Member States and its partners, relevant international and regional bodies as well as with various public and private sectors, such as foundations, civil society organizations and other stakeholders; and
- Have excellent command of English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org