iMentor is seeking an exceptional Executive Director to rebuild its Bay Area region. The Bay Area ED will continue the launch and development of iMentor’s second direct service region outside of New York City, a key component of iMentor’s strategic plan and national growth. Reporting to iMentor’s national CRO (Chief Regional Officer), Adeola Whitney, the Bay Area ED will set the strategic vision for iMentor’s work in Bay Area while building and leading a high-performing team of 7 professionals. COVID-19 has impacted the Bay region’s school partnerships and brought a budget reduction from $1.8M to $1M. The Bay Area ED will need to successfully transition the two existing school partnerships (one in South Bay, one in East Bay), rebuild new school partnerships, other external relationships, the Bay team and create a vision of growth for the next three years. The ED will design and implement an effective local fundraising strategy that allows iMentor Bay Area to grow from an approximately $1.1MM budget currently to $2.0MM annually by 2023. They will build a high impact local Advisory Board and partner closely with that group to ensure the organization meets or exceeds its goals.
The ideal Bay Area ED candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, is a motivational and effective leader able to set and drive progress towards ambitious goals. They will be skilled in fundraising, nonprofit management, program implementation, and partnership development. They will be analytical, highly collaborative, and have a proven track record of establishing buy-in across stakeholders and influencing diverse groups of individuals and networks to achieve desired outcomes.
Fundraising and Board Development
- Set and meet annual fundraising targets to support the growth of iMentor Bay Area.
- Build and manage a high-impact local Advisory Board.
- Grow a sustainable, diversified local funding base (e.g., individuals, corporations, foundations, public funding etc.).
- Ensure the ongoing engagement and stewardship of an ever-growing portfolio of influential individual, corporate and foundation partners.
Leadership and Management
- Lead an exceptional team of 7 full-time staff currently.
- Foster a highly effective work culture with strong leadership development to all staff through quality coaching and feedback.
- Manage the site towards ambitious goals, using data-driven decision making to monitor and address problems, improve performance and increase sustainability.
- Cultivate internal and external talent required for the long-term success of the region.
- Successfully transitioning iMentor Bay Area’s current school partners.
- Overseeing growth and recruitment efforts to 2 new schools by the end of this fiscal year (June, 2021).
- Oversee a high-quality execution of the iMentor model in Bay Area.
- Identify which geographic area of the Bay we will focus our program in.
- Work closely with iMentor’s national team to adapt program offerings where necessary, with the goal of improving both efficacy and impact.
- Share best practices and key insights from the Bay Area region with national team and future iMentor sites.
Partnerships and Communications
Serve as the key external voice and representative of iMentor in Bay Area, demonstrating an exceptional and compelling articulation of iMentor’s work.
- Steward an effective partnership with local school districts and individual school partners to support progress towards iMentor Bay Area goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the public and private sectors. This will include: corporations, public officials, peer organizations, collective impact groups and networks, and affinity groups.
- Cultivate a local identity that is reflective of iMentor’s core values and culture.
Sustainability and Growth
- Develop and implement a three-year sustainability strategy that aligns with the national strategic plan, scaling the program to serve 1,200 students annually by 2023.
- 8+ years in a senior management position in an education nonprofit organization, school district, foundation, government agency, or for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated success designing and executing high level fundraising strategies and strategic partnerships.
- 5+ years managing a layered team. Proven track‐record of managing, mentoring, and inspiring a high performing team to reach ambitious goals.
- Knowledge of and relationships within the Bay Area educational, civic, philanthropic, and political landscapes.
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org