Senior Policy Coordinator (Remote based in Europe)
The Refugee Hub was founded at the University of Ottawa in 2012. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees at local, national, and international levels through innovative research, programs and partnerships. We are supported in our work by a team of in-house experts, a wide range of consultants, and a broad and diverse community of partners and stakeholders.
The Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GRSI) is a unique and ambitious multi-stakeholder collaboration that encourages and supports the creation of new community sponsorship programs around the world with the aim of increasing and improving overall refugee resettlement, strengthening local host communities, and improving the narrative surrounding newcomers. The GRSI is a partnership between the Government of Canada, the UNHCR, the Open Society Foundations, the Giustra Foundation, and the Refugee Hub.
We are seeking a Senior Policy Coordinator to join Refugee Hub’s small but powerful team to help support the work of the GRSI program and support the delivery of the GRSI’s high impact and high-profile international agenda. The ideal candidate will have a passion and drive to work in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced work environment. They will be a highly organized, self-motivated person who excels at problem-solving, organization, coordination, and relationship-building, and also demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact and responsibility, including when managing various files with little supervision.
Under the supervision of the Director for Europe of the GRSI:
- Policy: Develop and draft policy documents, proposals and other relevant documentation in the field of sponsorship and complementary pathways;
- Operations: Support and advance GRSI operations across Europe and in cooperation with European Institutions and stakeholders;
- Strategy: Contribute to design and implement the GRSI strategy in Europe;
- Support the preparation and drafting of grant proposals and other documents directed at funders;
- Oversee the organisation of policy events.
- Postgraduate or higher degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant fields
- Ability to communicate clearly and experience in working with a range of different stakeholders including Governments International Organisations and CSOs
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills, including data and information management
- High proficiency with the full suite of MS Office software, as well as remote-connectivity applications
- Superior time management skills with an ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks and projects
- Knowledge of refugee issues, European and Member States politics, intergovernmental or public affairs, community sponsorship, or other related areas will also be considered an asset
- Experience in development and grant-making is an asset;
- Proficient English, ability to work in German is an advantage
Highly competitive, one year (renewable)
Salary is commensurate with experience
Deadline to apply:
Please apply through Bamboo HR at refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs to be considered for this position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org