The Fellow, Youth Engagement and Advocacy will administer the day-to-day operations of all UNA-USA campus programs and activities, including the campus chapter network and website.
The Fellow, Youth Engagement and Advocacy reports to the Youth Engagement Manager, UNA-USA and works in close collaboration with other members of the UNA-USA team, as well as other internal UNF and external stakeholders on youth engagement and development.
The Fellow will be expected to work Monday to Friday at maximum of 29 hours per week until December 2020.. Candidates should clearly specify their anticipated start date in their cover letter, as well as their expected time commitment and any barriers related to their availability. The Fellow will be expected to work remotely, and the work schedule will be agreed upon with your supervisor.
Youth Engagement Support
- Recruit and cultivate new campus chapters nationwide
- Develop and oversee an annual calendar for campus grassroots advocacy programs and initiatives, including in-district meetings
- Provide virtual and in-person advocacy training for campus chapters
- Recruit grassroots champions in underrepresented areas to attend signature UNA-USA events
- Provide assistance to students and design resources and tools for campus chapter leaders to meet expectations from the national level
- Create project timelines and programs to integrate campus activities into UN/UNA milestones, including UN Day, Human Rights Day, International Women’s Day, etc.
- Assist with special UNA-USA youth-related events.
- Support Nationwide Call-In Day for UN Day, including one nationwide training to prepare UNA members
- Development of Quarterly Advocacy Reports and mechanism for obtaining and evaluating data
- Support Advocate of the Year Award process
- Outline and implement advocacy outreach to chapters in target states
- Develop metric with Rebecca by which to measure effectiveness of advocacy trainings
- Support advocacy bootcamp and nationwide trainings
- Work with pan-Foundation partners to leverage UNA-USA youth member opportunities along with collaborating on joint advocacy actions
- Coordinate with Better World Campaign staff to implement advocacy strategies and initiatives for youth engagement
- Assist with UNA-USA’s national events as applicable
- Assist Membership Team with customer service activities
- Bachelor’s degree or a student enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Enthusiasm for engaging today’s youth generation in international affairs
- A background in international affairs or diplomacy and familiarity with the UN system
- Understanding of advocacy processes and experience engaging with government officials and representatives
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience working with a national organization engaging college students
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Some CRM and CMS management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work remotely for the duration of this position
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org