We are seeking a Social Media & Communications Manager to strengthen both the internal and external communications of our organization. The consultant’s main duties will be to create content and update digital marketing tools (website, social media and international digital publications), develop external communication materials and handle internal coordination of information. The candidate must have a native level of English and be capable of communicating in Spanish, both in writing and verbally.
Our ideal candidate is based in Colombia, Paraguay or Argentina (although this remains negotiable), and will work under a service provision contract with a high chance to renew. We offer a flexible and creative professional opportunity with an award-winning social enterprise, where you can turn ideas into reality, and collaborate with an inspiring, diverse and international team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in producing high-quality digital, audiovisual and print communication materials
- Update and manage our website by writing content in English and keeping structure, images and format up to date using a simple CRM that does not require programming skills
- Create content and manage social media creatively
- Design newsletters and send them over Mailchimp
- Perform administrative duties for the department
- Manage our press strategy
- Manage projects jointly with other team members
The Candidate We Seek
- Independent and capable of meeting challenges in practical and creative ways
- Interested in poverty reduction and social innovation
- Willing to travel (max. ten days with a six months frequency) to areas where our program participants are located
- Organized and with good time management skills to meet goals within established time frames
- Languages: native English or equivalent and knowledge of Spanish
- Capable of transforming information into attention-grabbing and creative messages that can be adapted to various target audiences
- Excellent English writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and ability to use Wordpress and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Minimum two years' work experience in institutional communications or marketing
- Education: undergraduate studies in communications, marketing, political science, international relations, administration and/or design; graduate studies in these areas an asset
Only native English speakers will be considered for this position. To apply, please fill out this form. In it, you must describe your motivation for working with us, upload your CV and answer several questions for us to get to know you better. We will be accepting applications submitted through this form only up to and including September 13, 2020. The preferred start date is October 1, 2020.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org