The English Speaking Nation: Coaches Program (ESN:CP) seeks to strengthen secondary school teachers’ pedagogical and classroom English skills in the Republic of Uzbekistan. ESN:CP will place U.S. educators in year-long placements in five regions in Uzbekistan. Coaches will teach English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and conduct professional development activities including coaching and mentoring for in-service EFL teachers and teacher-leaders. Join this exciting initiative by applying to fully funded ESN:CP to become an ESN Coach and support English language education in Uzbekistan.
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Uzbekistan and American Councils for International Education announce an open competition for highly trained U.S. academics and professionals in the fields of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Applied Linguistics, or related fields to participate in the fully funded ESN:CP.
Two cohorts of five U.S. TESOL experts a year will travel to five regions of the Republic of Uzbekistan to support EFL teacher development efforts of the Ministry of Public Education. Each Coach will be placed at a regional Ministry of Public Education (MPE) In-Service Training Institute (INSETTI) to:
The selected ESN Coaches will receive:
ESN Coaches are highly-trained, qualified U.S. English language teaching professionals. They are TESOL experts with significant experience in conducting English language teacher professional development workshops and presentations as well as demonstrated commitment to the field of English language teaching. In addition to their professional expertise, Coaches must be motivated and adaptable as well as have the desire and freedom to travel and work in remote regions of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
· U.S. citizenship
· A master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent graduate-level degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a field related to English language teaching
· Minimum five years’ teaching experience in a TESOL related field
· Demonstrated experience conducting English language teacher professional development activities
· Demonstrated commitment to the field of English language teaching
· Flexibility and freedom to live and work for 12 months internationally
· Cross-cultural sensitivity and respect
· Experience presenting at professional conferences
· Regional Central Asian/CIS experience (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan) strongly preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org