The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect.
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results.
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible.
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
The Partnership seeks a Senior Manager of Monitoring and Evaluation to grow the Partnership’s monitoring and evaluation capacity and evidence base; oversee the Partnership’s efforts to monitor progress against its goals and understand its programming’s relevance, effectiveness, and impact; advise the senior management team on organizational performance; advance Partnership efforts to capture learning for the organization; and identify or support opportunities to provide assessment, monitoring, and evaluation programming to the federal government.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance the Partnership’s monitoring and evaluation capacity, including setting up data systems and tools.
- Provide technical assistance to improve evaluation, theory of change development, metrics and learning practices across the Partnership.
- Collaborate with and provide qualitative and quantitative methodological expertise to staff in survey design, assessment, research and analytic projects supporting the Partnership’s mission.
- Lead evaluations of select Partnership programs.
- Build the evidence base for Partnership programs, including data from monitoring, evaluation, and case studies.
- Assess the organization’s performance against its strategic plan.
- Support Partnership efforts to communicate organizational effectiveness to external audiences.
- Promote evidence-based decision-making through reviews of program data and cross-organizational learning forums.
- Collaborate with academic partners on research and evaluation projects.
- Identify or support opportunities to provide data and evidence support to the federal government.
- Supervise staff in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience designing and implementing a range of monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Experience designing theories of change, logic models, or logframes.
- Experience in survey design.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills, to include knowledge of qualitative analysis software (e.g., MaxQDA) and quantitative analysis software (Stata, SPSS, R).
- Familiarity with data visualization or dashboard practices and software (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau).
- Initiative, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, with experience communicating technical results in a user-friendly manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to organize multiple and varied projects simultaneously.
- Passion for the mission of the Partnership for Public Service and our nonpartisan values.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work for military experience required, Master's degree preferred.
- Eight or more years’ experience evaluating training, events, convenings, advocacy and/or human resources initiatives.
- Familiarity with the issues related to the Partnership’s mission, to include good governance, talent management, leadership development, or other government management challenges.
- Experience working with MaxQDA and software such as Stata, SPSS, or R. required.
- Experience working with PowerBI and Tableau preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position reports to the Vice President of Research and Evaluation. This position may directly or indirectly supervise associates and/or associate managers.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, Partnership staff are currently working remotely.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm. There may be occasional evening or weekend activities required. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, the Partnership is allowing maximum flexibility in work schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually local and during the business day.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of vacation leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org