Expected starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: Part-time (50%), fixed-term, one-year contract, renewable based on performance evaluation.
Bruegel is recruiting a part-time (50%) Human Resources Assistant (HRA) to provide administrative support with overall running and management of Human Resources. The HRA will perform tasks on guidance and supervision of the Human Resources Manager (HRM).
The HRA position could evolve to a full-time, dual role, depending on the supporting needs of the Bruegel Directors.
Bruegel is a European think tank working in the field of international economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions. For more information about Bruegel, please consult: www.bruegel.org
- Administer the recruitment mailbox: reply to spontaneous applications and dispatch incoming expressions of interest;
- Provide support in the recruitment process: job posting, collect and store applications, set-up interviews with candidates, provide technical support with remote interviews, coordinate and book debriefings of the recruitment (ad hoc) Committees and HR Manager, reply to unsuccessful candidates;
- Coordinate induction sessions with different teams for the new staffers, Visiting Fellows, interns and students;
- Facilitate onboarding of new comers by providing them with instructions regarding online and offline tools; preparing their welcome pack; ensuring access to the office etc.
- Coordinate exit interviews for the outgoing staff, Visiting Fellows and interns.
- Manage subscriptions to the Bruegel group insurances (hospitalization & pension), order/cancel lunch vouchers cards;
- In cooperation with IT service and Operations manage email accounts (open new email accounts and close accounts of exiting staff) and manage accesses.
- Act as a backup person for payroll processing, encode absence and sick leave if and when necessary.
- Provide Bruegel staff with general administrative support if and when needed.
Candidates for this role should demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A secretarial/administrative or related educational background;
- Some experience in a similar role of supporting HR department, as personal assistant or administrative assistant is a must (at least 1 year);
- Experience in working in an international environment with a high turnover;
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with a good sense of prioritizing.
- Have an eye for details;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French or Dutch;
- At ease with a combined remote and in-office –hybrid working set-up;
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Google Drive, SharePoint. Some knowledge of payroll management is a strong asset (training can be provided)
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Real interest and passion for Human Resources processes and practices
- High ethical standards
- Stress resistant and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Committed and professional with a sense of responsibility in handling HR confidential & personal information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and welcoming
- Solution oriented with a positive, can-do attitude
- Discrete and reliable
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org