At the Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
Engaging with our volunteers is a core component of this effort. The Community Coordinator is responsible for supporting an exclusive, proprietary, worldwide online social networking platform called Reality Hub and empowering a global network of trained Climate Reality Leader volunteers to engage in meaningful climate action.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Act as the primary substantive liaison for Climate Reality Leaders through Reality Hub, to include representing Climate Reality by responding to questions in the community inbox, forums, and comment sections; overseeing communication and data processes related to Reality Hub including community event postings, event requests, and volunteer recognition; and identifying outstanding climate action reported through Reality Hub for recognition.
- Provide general troubleshooting services, including helping event attendees activate and troubleshoot their new Reality Hub accounts and support the promotion of the platform throughout the training events.
- Support the Community Manager with database administration to ensure data integrity inside Reality Hub and in a Salesforce contact database.
- Coordinate and create content and updates for the platform’s blog and forums.
- Track community comments for follow-up by other staff members while answering questions and encouraging participation in the community.
- Monitor user behavior and, if necessary, alert necessary parties and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Arrange the development of useful materials and content in coordination with other departments to be shared with Climate Reality Leaders.
- Provide additional general support as needed for Climate Reality Leaders.
You’d be great for this role if:
- You have 1 to 2 years experience in data management and manipulation, including but not limited to data quality checks, data storage, data formatting;
- You are an excellent written and oral communicator;
- You have strong organizational skills;
- You possess a sense of urgency and good time management skills to manage deadlines;
- You have proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- You bring previous customer service experience;
- You care deeply about both climate change and environmental justice and want to work to solve the climate crisis and create a healthy and equitable future for all;
- You have experience and an awareness of cultural diversity and are able to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers;
- You have prior experience using a CRM or Salesforce, which is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 and will be determined based on experience.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, mobile phone reimbursement, 13 paid annual holidays plus the office closes with pay for full-time employees during our holiday break from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by October 23, 2020 and indicate in your email with your submission the job site where you found this posting.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org