The Gender Advisor provides technical oversight and strategic program development and management assistance for TRANSFORM DRS’s gender initiatives. The Advisor will develop a gender strategy for the project and adapt/develop gender training material and tools for use in community and service level interventions. The Advisor ensures that TRANSFORM DRS initiatives utilize proven gender-sensitive client-provider interaction techniques and methodologies. The Advisor also participates in gender-related technical working groups and collaborates with the Federal MOH and Regional Health Bureaus, NGOs and other implementing agencies to ensure that national and regional level gender priorities are addressed and to coordinate with other gender activities in the regions.
- Oversee and coordinate gender initiatives at the federal and regional level, including gender mainstreaming; gender analysis and integration; response to gender-based violence (GBV); gender-related training and communication materials.
- Using global and local data, sensitize health leaders at federal and regional level to advocate for the deployment of more female health workers.
- Adapt/develop gender training materials and tools to integrate into community and service level interventions.
- Identify and manage project needs for external STTA on capacity building from IntraHealth International headquarters.
- Document success stories and challenges with integration and implementation of gender into the program.
- Assist with quarterly and annual reporting as well as annual work planning and budgeting.
- Travel to the four project regions quarterly, or more frequently if necessary
- Innovation - Develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions, or initiatives that result in the improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results, and global commitments.
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research, and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Planning and Organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed-upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Education & Experience
- A Masters and/or equivalent diploma in Public Health, Social Work, Women’s Studies, or similar field.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in public health projects with a focus on gender.
- Experience developing gender strategies, training, and tools that can be integrated into community interventions and within service delivery.
- Capacity to use data and assessment results/recommendations to strengthen and improve the gender component of the project.
- Established capacity to supervise personnel and to work as a team with various technical, clinical, and administrative personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Local language skills are an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org