Risk Advisory Manager. Berlin. Posting Date: 10/29/2020. Deadline: 11/19/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your Risk Management (RM) and Anti-fraud expertise? We're seeking a Risk Advisory Manager based in Berlin to lead projects across different service lines to help OSF manage Risk and support management's and programs' decision-making.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
Global Assurance and Risk Advisory (GARA) is a department within Global Finance and Grants Management. We provide continuous support to programs and foundations across the network as the in-house advisory unit that supports them to make well-informed assessments about risks and to make more confident operational and program decisions. Services provided help OSF navigate through challenges surrounding control, authority, risk and compliance. As a Risk Advisory Manager at Open Society you will:
What we are looking for:
- Lead the Development of RM frameworks for organizational units and OSF globally
- Manage and implement RM projects for different OSF units, including the facilitation of risk workshops and awareness training and discussions
- Design and maintain anti-fraud policies and initiatives, design and deliver fraud awareness training across the organization
- Lead and conduct fraud investigations, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. donors, legal departments, grantees etc.)
- Contribute to GARA's strategy and work plan development
- Assist in other advisory and assurance projects across GARA's different service lines (i.e. Internal Audit engagements, coordinating external audits, grant related consulting services...etc.).
Desirable (but not required):
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a management and risk-consulting environment, including:
- Knowledge and experience in Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC), with focus on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and design and implementation of bespoke ERM frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience in anti-fraud and anti-corruption management methods and practices, designing and rolling out anti-fraud policies, designing and managing whistleblowers policies and hotlines, conducting fraud investigations, ethics & integrity management, fraud awareness training and education, etc.
- A university degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (economics, business administration, Finance, law, social sciences, etc.)
- Professional qualifications in the required areas of expertise (i.e. ACFE, CRM...etc.)
- Project management skills, workshop and training facilitation, presentation skills, professional report writing, client relationship management, communication within large complex environments
- Written and spoken English language proficiency.
What we offer:
- Knowledge and experience in business consulting, such as, Strategy, Operating Models reviews, org structure reviews, org culture, change management...etc.
- Knowledge and experience in financial management and reporting, including generally accepted accounting & reporting principles (e.g. IFRS and/or US GAAP).
- Internal, Financial, IT, or Program auditing skills.
- Experience within not for profits, NGO's, development agencies.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the like of an Open Society colleague is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
This position is eligible for work authorization and relocation support.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.