The Strategic HR Manager is a key member of Proximity’s operations team and a go-to HR partner to Proximity’s employees and managers. They are responsible for all Proximity’s HR functions, including staff on-boarding and off-boarding, employee benefits administration, payroll management, and compliance with Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements. In addition, they support recruitment efforts, and lead the design and integration of user-friendly HR and recruitment management tools and systems. Critically, they elevate and nurture Proximity values, promote a positive and inclusive culture of performance excellence, and ensure that each member of our team receives exceptional, tailored support throughout their employment lifecycle.
The Strategic HR Manager is based in the United States and reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Management:
- Continuously refine Proximity’s HR function to deliver the full range of HR services to the organization.
- Assess, configure, and lead a successful implementation of HR management tools and systems to drive efficiencies and accuracy in HR operations.
- Support the Senior Management Team in designing and administering a comprehensive performance and career planning and management system and process.
- Design and oversee a new employee orientation program and lead employee on-boarding and off-boarding ensuring exceptional employee experience.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and complaint HR records.
Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Lead periodic salary survey and market research exercises and support the Director of Finance and Operations in establishing and refining a comprehensive corporate compensation structure.
- Regularly assess compensation structures and provide recommendations to the Director of Finance and Operations focused on strengthening Proximity’s employee benefits offering and ensuring compensation parity and competitiveness.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly payroll processing and reconciliation with the support of Proximity’s U.S. payroll administrator, ADP.
- Accurately process any changes in employee compensation, benefits deductions, expatriate allowances, and partners payments.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy in employer tax and unemployment filings and, at year-end, ensure a timely distribution of employee tax forms and documentation (including forms W2 and 1099).
- Manage Proximity’s insurance plans and other benefits, and serve as the main point of contact for employee benefits administration.
- Review and approve monthly insurance billing for medical, dental, vision, life and ancillary insurance plans.
- Drive open enrollment processes, and plan evaluations and renewal.
- Manage employee PTO accruals, year-over-year carry-overs, and communicate with staff and managers any utilization issues.
- In collaboration with the Senior Management Team, define Proximity’s talent acquisition strategy aimed at recruiting and retaining a diverse and high-performing staff.
- Support hiring managers with recruitment efforts for home office, project-based, and proposal-based positions, including drafting job descriptions, posting and monitoring job ads, maintaining applicant trackers, interviewing candidates, checking references, and drafting offer letters.
- In collaboration with Program Delivery and Business Development teams, identify and lead the integration of new tools and systems for applicant tracking tools and systems.
Culture and Communications:
- Effectively communicate and champion Proximity values, mission, and brand to prospective and current employees.
- Elevate, nurture, and proactively identify ways to strengthen a progressive culture of teamwork, inclusiveness, accountability, and performance excellence.
- Serve as a trusted go-to HR partner for employees and managers on all HR-related matters including employee relations, company policies, and best practices.
- Maintain open channels of communication and networks across the entire company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field; a graduate degree preferred.
- At least five years of substantial experience in an HR generalist/management or in an HR business partner role, including experience in the development of HR/talent acquisition strategy, recruitment, performance management, and staff engagement.
- A demonstrated experience managing employee benefits, compensation, and payroll.
- A proven ability to design and integrate user-friendly HR and recruitment management tools and systems.
- General knowledge of Federal and state HR compliance requirements, and familiarity with such federal regulations as FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR, FTR as they apply to human resource management.
- A commitment to working in a dynamic and rapidly growing organization; and a demonstrated ability to manage competing and evolving priorities in a fast-paced setting.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working with cross-cultural, multi-lingual teams across multiple countries and time zones.
- Experience working in an international development consulting setting strongly preferred.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please submit
- a CV in reverse chronological order by November 28, 2020
Proximity is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org