EUROCHAMBRES, the European association of chambers of commerce and industry (www.eurochambres.eu), is recruiting a Policy Director. This is an opportunity to work in a senior management position for a leading international association that represents the interests of the European chamber network and its 20 million business members.
We’re looking for someone who can oversee EUROCHAMBRES’ wide-ranging policy activities, ensuring that the views of chambers and their member companies are heard, considered and impactful throughout the EU decision-making process.
- Develop and implement EUROCHAMBRES’ annual advocacy strategy and priorities;
- Optimise EUROCHAMBRES’ visibility and credibility among senior policy-makers and in relation to relevant events and processes;
- Manage, inspire and drive the EUROCHAMBRES policy team;
- Oversee the work of EUROCHAMBRES’ policy committees, sub-committees and working groups, ensuring synergy, coherence and effectiveness;
- Maintain strong and constructive networks with policy-makers across the EU institutions and advisory bodies;
- Foster effective relations with other relevant stakeholders;
- Contribute to the association’s strategic development;
- Coordinate policy content for EU co-financed projects in which EUROCHAMBRES is involved.
- At least 10 years’ experience in or around the EU institutions and an excellent knowledge of EU processes and institutions;
- A clear grasp of the EU policy issues most relevant to the European chamber network and the business community;
- A minimum of five years of staff management experience in an international context;
- An understanding of the dynamics of an international association and an ability to engage members, build relations, understand needs and deliver value;
- Strong credentials in developing, implementing and reporting on EU advocacy strategies;
- A very high standard of spoken and written English, plus at least one other EU language;
- A capacity for succinct and persuasive written and spoken communication;
- A track record of effective use of media and social media as part of advocacy.
- A full-time, senior management role in a dynamic and international work environment, where you will be able to take initiative, develop and implement new ideas and evolve professionally;
- A competitive salary based on experience and merit.
CV and motivation letter should be sent by 3 January 2021, mentioning ‘Policy Director’ in the e-mail subject line.
In the body of the email, please copy in: ‘I hereby consent that my personal data is collected, processed and stored by EUROCHAMBRES for recruitment purposes’ so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application. You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide such consent to EUROCHAMBRES. However, if you do not give your consent to collect, process and store your data, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Applicants must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EU. Please refer carefully to the requirements, as applications that do not correspond to them will be automatically rejected.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
All costs incurred to apply for the vacancy and to attend the interview(s) are to be borne by candidates and will not be reimbursed.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org