POLITICO is looking for an entrepreneurial, results-oriented salesperson to join our dynamic and growing Advertising Sales team. The position is based in POLITICO Europe HQ in Brussels. POLITICO is a pioneering and growing media company that covers the politics, policy and personalities of the European Union.
This is a full-time, office-based position located in Brussels, Belgium and involves some travel across Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
We seek an experienced, talented and smart candidate who works proactively to achieve advertising business objectives while maintaining a culture of collaboration, development, and achievement. The Advertising Sales Executive position is a mid-level sales position with the primary objective of planning and selling advertising (digital and print), sponsorship or other B2G/B2B products, who is used to presenting face to face (be the in persona or virtually) to corporations and agencies.
The successful candidate will need to be able to identify new business opportunities and engage with key decision-makers to close sales. You will be responsible for selling sponsorship and advertising opportunities to businesses across EMEA.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create multi-channel paid media campaign strategies;
- Optimize campaigns towards industry updates and audience behavior shifts;
- Have consultative selling style, coupled with the structure and organizational skills needed to build trust in a new business environment;
- S/he is a strong communicator, effective listener and project manager who is able to balance multiple and often conflicting priorities;
- The ability to manage a valuable prospect list is vital; candidates must be comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating via phone on both transactional and more strategic branding-based deal;
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities to achieve sales results;
- Develop proposals and conduct sales presentations for integrated public affairs campaigns across multiple platforms such as advertising, sponsored content, events and conferences;
- Embody the successful brand presence of POLITICO in the market, represent POLITICO at member briefings, network events and industry conferences;
- Thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Show initiative and a desire to grow within the role, not only taking on, but creating new opportunities.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in advertising sales;
- Strong understanding of media agencies, preferably from 2+ years of experience working at an agency or consultancy;
- Experience in meeting or exceeding high sales targets and managing client relationships;
- Entrepreneurial mind set and strong client services ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be used in presentations and written memos;
- Interest in and understanding of current political and policy issues is a plus;
- A university degree is required;
- Entrepreneurial mind set, outgoing nature and a can-do attitude;
- Ability to prioritize and recognize business critical matters;
- Ability to multitask and have a flexible, adaptable working style;
- Experience in consultative selling with the ability to craft insightful solutions as we problem solve for our clients;
- Fluent English, written and spoken, and any other European language.
- Understanding of the public affairs ecosystem and advertising market trends;
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint to be used in presentations;
- Exposure to Salesforce or other CRM tools is preferred;
- Interest in and understanding of current European political and policy issues;
- Sense of humor.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org