Manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the completion of the project(s) life cycle. Creates work plans based on goals and targets, and implement evidence-based interventions in a one or more multi-sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors in order to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project and work across the FHI family of companies.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects to identify and strengthen project management standards and quality results. Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts and inputs of team members and clients to deliver projects according to plan. Works with appropriate departments to disseminate standards and expectations for performance globally. Travel up to 10%.
- Develops standards and tools that promote efficient, high quality project management performance
- Contributes to the development of a toolkit of operational performance standards, procedures, and training modules for work across the FHI family of companies
- Contributes to the maintenance and expansion of an organization-wide system that provides guidance, processes and tools for key operations at FHI 360 and the FHI family of companies
- Develops and disseminates tools and guidance that ensure comprehensive Operations staff orientation to FHI 360, its policies and standards, and project position responsibilities
- Works with project design teams to plan for and appropriately resource project start-up and close-out efforts
- Develops and provides trainings and learning support to project teams to improve project management across the project lifecycle
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Works independently and with other agencies to build local community acceptance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with project management, process development and execution.
- Strong knowledge of project management software and other technologies.
- Strong negotiator and problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Decisions and actions have serious implications with delays in project schedules, operations and may affect overall business activities.
- Problems are complex and require analysis of situations and data with evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Manages staff and external project members to achieve goals and vision of project from initiation to completion. *Coordinates project plans, budgets, training and resources with management to achieve strategic goals. *Typically reports to a Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent
- Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Typically requires 8+ years of project management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Experience in multi-sector management and implementation.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation as well as strategic planning, capacity building and team management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate. Preferred Education and/or related experience with operating in insecure environments.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred.
- Experience with operationalizing processes and systems across companies preferred.
- Organizational development and/or adult learning experience preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar project management certification preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org