Based on the evolution of the structure, the Deputy Head of Mission - Programs ensures the effective, efficient implementation of all activities from a comprehensive project cycle management perspective (identification of needs, proposal making, planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and communication). He/She supports the HoM in representation activities linked to programs.
The Deputy HOM for Programs is responsible for the implementation strategy and supports operational management and integration of all technical areas. This includes the primary responsibilities of projects planning/design, programs quality assurance, donor compliance on reporting/documentation, but also to ensure timely, effective and compliant programming in accordance with internal and external principles/requirements. As an implementing organization, PUI places great importance on operational results, beneficiaries well-being and impact evaluation. Thus, the Deputy HOM for Programs plays a key role in overseeing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
Focus on 3 priority activities related to the context of the mission:
- Ensure the stability and continuity of the PUI Syria mission program team;
- In line with the PUI Syria mission strategy ensure the independence of the response (beneficiary focused);
- Ensure the MEAL and impact evaluation of the PUI Syria mission multiyear strategy.
- Project Management;
- Donor Rules & Regulations.
- 5 years managing humanitarian projects in multi-sectors (among which at least 2 years in coordination role);
- Strong experience in donor project management (proposal, reporting, guidelines…);
- Extensive knowledge in donors including (OFDA, ECHO, SIDA, DFID, UN Agencies);
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and programs design, implementation & evaluation;
- Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships with national and international stakeholders;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relations with donors and government counterparts;
- 3 years managing team of international and national staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Leadership skills and an ability to make decisions;
- General ability to resist stress and in unstable circumstances particularly;
- Ability to show authority, if necessary;
- Analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis abilities;
- Organization, rigor and respect of due dates;
- Great ability to listen and to negotiate;
- Good people person and good communication skills;
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org