Living Goods seeks a Country Lead to set up and develop our new community health program in Burkina Faso in order to impact the lives of millions of burkinabes.
We’re looking for an energetic, versatile, and resourceful country lead to set up and develop our presence in Burkina Faso. Someone to lead a smart and savvy team of technical experts and in future operations. To adapt lessons learned from our work in Kenya and Uganda to Burkina Faso. To support the local Ministry of Health in strengthening their community health system in the areas of digitalization and performance management. Serve as Living Goods’ biggest community health advocate in Burkina Faso.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategy: you develop and adapt the country road map to strengthen the community health system and transform Burkina Faso as an exemplar country. You support fundraising efforts for Burkina Faso programs;
- Develop alliances: You develop a rock-solid partnership with the Ministry of Health and strong relationships with key stakeholders in-country including Government bodies, donors, and implementing partners;
- Manage program: you lead the planning and the implementation of the program, coordinating and prioritizing program activities in Burkina Faso. Result oriented, you constantly monitor, evaluate the efficiency of the program, and adapt the design and activities to maximize impact;
- Manage operations: you oversee two important ingredients of success: people and purse. You build an effective team and bring out the best in people to build a culture of high performance and engagement in line with the organization’s values. You set up and implement processes, systems, policies to support effective operations and maintain the financial and legal integrity of the organization.
- Master’s degree in social sciences/development studies, strategic/program management;
- management studies or other related disciplines;
- A strategic thinker with at least 10 years’ working experience in program management, 5 of which should be at senior management level;
- Experience managing programs in Africa with a proven track record as a senior manager and leader;
- Experience in developing and implementing program strategic plans and roadmaps;
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through successful Government, partnership, and stakeholder engagements and relationships;
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Full Professional Proficiency in French and English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org