Program Manager – Communications - is a full-time position based in committee of 100’s (C100) principal office in New York, New York. At this time, the C100 office is working remotely.
As the Program Manager, your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Program Development: In coordination with senior staff, build, grow and support critical programs to advance C100’s dual missions. This will include, but not be limited to, programs around C100’s Next Generation Leaders program and C100’s recent Foundations to Frontiers report. The development of newly created programs will also be expected.
- Marketing & Communications: Support the senior staff on key communication tasks, including website maintenance and updates, marketing materials, and social media measurement.
- Social Media: Create, implement and execute against a full social media calendar that is built around organically created content, and maximizing existing content such as C100 news, events and program. Candidates should be familiar with planning all aspects of social media campaigns, podcasts, events promotion and other campaign event needs. Candidates should also be well versed in growing social media channels and fostering engagement strategies that showcase C100’s growth.
- Event Management: Collaborate with fellow staff and field associates to plan and execute all facets of C100 events. Responsibilities include helping with content development, coordinating the registration process and post-event follow-up, liaising with vendors, producing collaterals, managing volunteers, etc. Candidate will be working closely with team members to develop and maintain all shared event planning, communications and management systems
- Project Management Support: Provide administrative support to senior staff and assist with daily office administrative logistics; draft program and event budgets; draft, edit, and proofread documents and update the organizational database and maintain office inventory.
This position will report directly to C100’s Director of Communications and Public Relations.
- BA/BS required.
- 2-5 years of working professional experience.
- Project/Event Management experience is required.
- Social Media experience is required.
- Professional writing experience – grant writing, proposals, project plans, bylines and op-eds is required.
- Experience with specific social media tools including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Knowledge/experience in website management and graphic design.
- Proficiency in digital media tools and platforms, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity specifically with WordPress.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented.
- Flexible and able to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, fluid, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to prioritize work, set expectations, meet deadlines, multi-task, and produce consistent, quality work.
- Keen sense of judgment and confidentiality and a desire to learn.
- The ability to track, report and communicate progress on programs and tasks on an ongoing basis.
The following experience is not required but is preferred:
- Master’s in Education in Asian American Studies, East Asian Studies, Ethnic Studies, Business, International Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related fields.
- Managing working partnerships and external organizations is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org