- Provides high-level and bespoke advice on geopolitical events including regular written briefings/reports as required.
- Proactively monitors global developments/events.
- Defines, shapes, and guides the Transportation Intelligence Category.
- Provides alerts and situation reports within the transportation category and/or sub-categories, specifically focused on maritime related events, but to include cross-training on : airline strikes, accidents, and delays; related incidents in transportation globally, transportation worker disruptions; railroad and subway related events; and mass transportation events.
- Shapes and creates location intelligence related to one or more specific transportation categories, specifically maritime intelligence.
- Provides special reports, webinars, blog postings, and other related material impacting clients and/or business continuity relating to major transportation disruptions, potential threats, or risks.
- Informs and advises clients regarding transportation incidents or disruptions, in accordance to Crisis24/GardaWorld’s request for information policy and procedures as the SME in the sub-category space of maritime intelligence.
- Assists Category Intelligence Manager in vetting and/or procuring third party resources to enhance products. Creates standard operating procedures and guidelines for non-SME analysts to use when covering transportation events.
- Assists in training non-SME analysts in SME category and/or relevant sub-categories for cross-coverage. Regularly and routinely collaborates with other SME’s in regions and categories to create intelligence products.
- Master’s degree in Geopolitical, International relations, or maritime-related field is required.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a geopolitical analyst with interests for international shipping, transportation safety, or other related fields.
- Course of duties should have included data management and analysis in field, reporting, and customer service (internal or external).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Multilingual or bilingual with native French proficiency and professional level English proficiency.
- Ability to relate complex information to consumers and lay persons.
- Ability to rapidly discern actionable information and disseminate pertinent information, concern, and risk mitigation measures to a vast and diverse audience.
- Ability to understand geopolitical events in core geographies and place them in a global context.
- Accurate representation of events in the form of written and oral communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadline and directives while also participating in a team environment. Dedication in mentoring peers.
- Basic Microsoft software skills to include Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook.
- Outstanding research skills using OSINT open-source information available by web, print, or research institutions.
- Office setting and machine use.
- Sitting, standing, walking, hearing, speaking, reading, writing.
- Extended periods of sitting during assigned working hours.
- Extended exposure to computers.
- Adhere to applicable information security procedures and policies as updated from time to time on the ISMS.
- Report any information security incidents or potential information security threats to the Information Security Officer.
- Take a proactive approach to information security.
- Flexible hours and work days are required to meet Crisis24/GardaWorld’s core 24/7 mission.
- Candidates will be asked to pass a background check as well as writing and technology aptitude screenings as a condition of employment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org