You are a talented fundraising professional who will lead our fundraising and donor relations strategy to grow OHW’s annual budget from $3.4M in 2021 to $5M in 2024. You have a proven track record of personally raising six-figure grants from individuals, foundations, and bi-laterals/multilaterals. You are a skilled relationship builder and enjoy working closely with donors and board members. You are a skilled manager and enjoy building up teams. You’ll have the following assets that will help you thrive in this role, if leveraged effectively:
- An experienced and ambitious Leadership Team that understands fundraising is a team effort and will support you in executing the strategy, including the newly appointed CEO who is eager to accelerate and grow the organization’s fundraising.
- A talented fundraising/communications team.
- Evidence of impact, scale, and financial sustainability: OHW is not your typical non-profit. We have years of rigorously-collected data that proves OHW is directly transforming Nepal’s Maternal and Newborn (MNH) system across the most under-served rural districts through a scaleable, financially sustainable model.
- Highly regarded current donors in the global development/social enterprise space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential responsibilities and accountabilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the CEO.
Fundraising strategy development:
- Help close out the 2021 fundraising goal.
- Working closely with the CEO, develop a three-year development strategy to raise $13M in renewals and new grants for 2022-2024.
- Detail how you will maintain a sustainable pipeline of funding opportunities.
- Identify resources you need to successfully implement the fundraising strategy.
Outreach to Potential Donors:
- Pitch to potential new donors virtually, and in person as appropriate.
- Identify ways to connect with potential donors when no connections exist, or when the donor does not accept unsolicited proposals.
- Maintain and augment OHW’s existing fundraising systems, including the Dashboard, which serves as the definitive source of fundraising commitments, forecasts and 3-year targets, and the Pipeline Management tool to track leads and moves across fundraising stages.
- Generate reports of development performance on a quarterly basis to share with the CEO.
- Capture tasks on hand/tasks completed for internal, real-time reporting to the CEO.
- Ensure Development and Finance teams are in-sync and automatically updated so the Finance team can have real-time cash-flow analysis.
- Conduct SWOT analysis of OHW’s strengths, weaknesses, and key traits in order to identify key audiences and qualify the right opportunities.
- Review, refine, and manage institutional contact list in Salesforce database format.
- Develop or adapt existing tracking tools and/or methods to monitor prospecting, including the creation of a prospecting calendar.
- Stay appropriately networked and keep abreast of trends, news, events and deadlines relevant to OHW’s industry in order to identify and pursue relevant emerging opportunities.
- Categorize and identify priority donor targets to increase and diversify the organization’s sources of funding (individual donors, foundations, corporations, bi-lateral and government agencies).
Storytelling, Grant Writing, and Proposal Submission
- Work with your team to develop new written and visual content that would be compelling for various donor audiences.
- Personally write proposals and reports, sharing grant writing responsibility with members of your team. You will serve as lead author on new proposals and larger existing grants.
- Project manage all major submissions, ensuring the team is working against a defined timeline and assigned tasks. Identify appropriate project management tools to support this effort.
Communications and Donor Relationship Management
- Serve as the relationship manager for selected major donors, providing program updates and stories from the field throughout the year.
- Bring OHW updates and stories to life virtually with the goal of deepening donors’ and board members’ connection and commitment to OHW.
- Actively create and maintain strong relationships with prospects and selected major donors through communication, cultivation, direct solicitation, and stewardship.
- Maintain a communications calendar to steward donors toward renewal, and prospects toward first grant.
- Work with the CEO and the Grants Manager to develop and implement consistent donor communication to increase brand awareness and grow donor base.
- 7+ years of non-profit fundraising experience, including a proven track record of securing 6+ figure grants from individual donors, foundations, corporations, and government/bi-laterals. Experience with USAID is essential.
- 3+ years of effectively managing others to hit annual fundraising goals.
- Exceptional donor-relations skills with proven ability to create strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement.
- Able to effectively bring donors (and program officers) through the whole donor cycle – identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Ability to convey complex ideas effectively and in a compelling and succinct manner to internal and external audiences at various levels.
- Extensive experience in developing grant proposals, budgets, logical frameworks, work plans, and other grant component sections.
- Analytical and data-driven decision making approach to fundraising.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of maternal/child health and other related public health areas is a plus.
- Experience with a CRM like Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience fundraising for projects in Nepal is a plus
Please send your CV and cover letter by April 27, 2021
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org