CONCORD is seeking to recruit a consultant to conduct research into how EU Member States address inequalities through international cooperation.
Aims and objectives
EU Member States have committed to tackle inequalities when adopting the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the European Consensus on Development, in Council conclusions on addressing inequalities in partner countries and on the EU’s response to COVID-19. Some Member States also made individual commitments. Now is the time to make sure those promises are translated into action. As CONCORD, we want to assess what is happening in Member States to be able to monitor where they are at, support what goes well, flag shortcomings or incoherencies and hold the EU and Member States to account. The pan-European comparative analysis and individual Member State assessment should enable CONCORD members to engage in a constructive dialogue with their governmental counterparts to raise the ambition.
The 6-step process:
- Step 1 (+/-5 days consultancy): Based on the work of a previous consultant, and feedback from ISE workstream members, equality focal points and possibly other interested CONCORD working structures, the consultant would help finalise the infosheet template, instructions for equality focal points to help gather relevant national information at national level and develop a template for the Member State dashboard to visualise Member State’s performance and ideas for the pan-European comparative graphs and tables that could be drawn from this analysis. Members will be able to make suggestions for improvement, which the consultant will consolidate;
- Step 2 (+/-11 days consultancy): The consultant would conduct desk research to provide first inputs into the draft infosheets for the 27 EU Member States;
- Step 3 (+/-2 days consultancy): The final products, division of labour and detailed timeline would be presented in a webinar to national equality focal points willing to contribute to this exercise. The consultant also remains available for questions from equality focal points;
- Step 4: CONCORD’s national equality focal points would review the partially filled draft infosheet, correct and complement based on exchanges with members and interlocutors and submit these back to CONCORD;
- Step 5 (+/-13 days consultancy): on the basis of the 27 infosheets, the consultant would:
- develop individual country dashboards for all 27 Member States;
- draft a 6 pager with the main Pan-European trends, insights and the most interesting/relevant comparative tables and graphs.
- Step 6 (+/-4 days consultancy): the consultant would present the findings during an internal webinar and consolidate comments from members on the pan-European paper and MS dashboards.
- A template infosheet to gather information for all 27 EU Member States;
- A template dashboard to visualise the performance of each Member State;
- Instructions that explain how national equality focal points can gather the information to complete the infosheet;
- Initial proposals for the pan-European graphs and tables that could be derived from the 27 completed infosheets;
- A webinar to present the aforementioned tools;
- A webinar to kick-off the research by CONCORD’s equality focal points and follow-up guidance;
- A paper capturing the background, main findings and recommendations based on the pan-European comparative analysis (+/- 6 pages);
- 27 dashboards for each EU Member State visualising their performance.
The consultant is expected to have…
- Proven understanding of inequalities and how to address them through (international) cooperation;
- Clear understanding of EU international cooperation policies, programmes and funding;
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and statistics;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills; ability to write about complex issues in an engaging way.
- Familiarity with databases such as OECD DAC CSR, EU Open Data portal, EU Aid Explorer.
- Experience of coordinating and managing networks of civil society organisations and/or other stakeholders;
- Experience of working in a complex, international and multicultural environment networks and under pressure;
- Experience with developing dashboards to visualise information;
- Knowledge of other EU languages.
- Indicative Timeline
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org