Microsoft a comme mission de permettre à chaque personne et à chaque organisation de la planète d’en accomplir davantage. Poussés vers le haut par notre culture, nous adoptons une mentalité de croissance, inspirons l’excellence et encourageons les équipes et les dirigeants à donner le meilleur d’eux-mêmes chaque jour. Ce faisant, nous créons des innovations qui changent les vies de milliards de personnes dans le monde entier.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft France Corporate Affairs team, part of the Corporate, External and Legal team (CELA), is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Government Affairs manager based in Issy-Les-Moulineaux. The Corporate Affairs professionals work towards creating a favorable legal and business environment for the company, a regulatory environment for products and services that is conducive for future innovations, a positive societal impact within their communities, in a close partnership with our sales divisions to enable our customers to innovate and compete in a complex policy and regulatory environment.
- Monitors the implementation of strategic goals and Microsoft's corporate public policy agenda and/or programs.
- As the subject matter expert; assesses regulatory and/or legislative impact on Microsoft.
- Supports business objectives by developing an intelligence network of data and relationship interactions.
- Contributes to the formation of Microsoft's policy agenda to address complex governmental issues/affairs and business priorities, and recommends solutions for advancing Microsoft's agenda while managing risks and consequences.
- Develops processes to facilitate program outreach and execution, assessing the feasibility of extending the program to advance Microsoft's policy and/or political agenda.
- Responds to key strategic issues by prioritizing, engaging relevant parties, and escalating matters or contacting a specialist, as appropriate.
- Advances Microsoft's public policy agenda and manages the implementation of initiatives by collaborating with key influencers, business owners and suppliers.
- Advances objectives and creates advocates for Microsoft by establishing relationships and collaborating with key governmental, non governmental, and academic stakeholders.
- Supports senior stakeholders by counselling on public policy, geo-political topics and/or cultural context.
- Prepares and provides data and materials for internal stakeholders; leads and works collaboratively with teams to enable shared business objectives by leveraging project management approaches.
- 5+ years experience in government affairs, corporate affairs, public policy, or government.
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, or related field AND 2+ years experience in government affairs, corporate affairs, public policy, or government.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in developing and managing strategic relationships to advocate and influence public/technology policy priorities.
- Good knowledge and practice of the functioning of institutions, the Government, and the regulators.
- Experience with international relations and digital diplomacy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs; and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Cross Cultural Skills - The ability to conduct business in multiple cultures. This includes the ability to recognize and adapt to cultural differences in work and communication styles across regions or countries.
- Corporate Partnerships - The ability to develop and leverage strategic internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals. This includes the ability to lead key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engage key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of business plans and initiatives; and support associate efforts in these areas.
- Relationship Management - The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors. This includes expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others, being approachable, taking time to address the concerns of coworkers, and treating others with respect and dignity.
- Campaign and Lobbying Regulatory Compliance - Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws related to government affairs including campaign finance laws, election laws and regulations, parliamentary rules, ethics rules, lobbying disclosure laws, and federal contracting requirements. This includes the ability to ensure compliance of internal and external stakeholders.
- Technology Policy - The ability to understand, anticipate, and forecast the impact of technology on policy. This includes knowledge and awareness of technology concepts, evolution, innovation, and internal and external technological advancements and trends; and of policy related to technology, including Cloud, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, devices, accessibility, privacy, telecommunications, and internet topics.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org