Winrock is recruiting a Deputy Chief of Party for the five-year U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Vietnam Reducing Pollution opportunity. The Vietnam Reducing Pollution project will provide sub-awards to local organizations for collective action approaches to address environmental pollution challenges. The project will work in key urban centers in Vietnam, providing capacity building services and support knowledge-sharing and learning among local organizations. This Activity will strengthen local networks for pollution prevention and mitigation.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will assist and support the Chief of Party (COP) in technical leadership and management of the project, oversee and provide technical expertise in project planning and implementation; and handle administrative and supervisory responsibilities as specified by the COP. These functions will be done in coordination with the Winrock home office, including the project technical team and program staff. The DCOP will supervise selected personnel in the project.
- Coordinate with the COP in management of the technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Contribute to strategies for working with local CSO/NGOs, private sector and relevant stakeholders, including host government programs and other donor projects to leverage resources and maximize results.
- Work closely with the COP, technical team, and project staff to develop annual planning; ensure timely, high quality implementation of activities and development of deliverables; and monitoring and evaluation to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Support COP, along with Winrock’s Home Office and field team, to prepare and submit timely and accurate activity, financial, and procurement reports.
- Review and prepare deliverables to be submitted to USAID, ensuring technical compliance with Winrock policies and principles and strict adherence to USAID rules and regulations.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities; focus on achieving results in all areas on schedule and maintain positive relationships with USAID, Vietnamese officials, NGOs and other implementing partners.
- Represent the project and Winrock to USAID, local and national government entities, the media, local NGOs, the local business community, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Serve as acting COP, when the COP is away from post.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in international development, political science, environmental pollution reduction, organizational capacity building or relevant fields of study.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in donor-funded project in a related role with proven supervisory and management experience in South Asia is highly desirable.
- At least 4 years of experience in project management, either as COP, DCOP, or in a comparable senior management role.
- Previous experience working in projects or fields related to sustainable waste management, recycling, ecosystems-based conservation, hydrology/water resources, natural resources management, CSO/NGO governance and general objectives of the project highly desirable.
- Knowledge of grants management and organizational capacity building required.
- Experience working with government ministries and ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with senior officials.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Financial and grants/sub-award management skills and experience.
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations and procedures, particularly USAID regulations.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Vietnam highly preferred; solid understanding of regional environmental policies and implementation.
- Ability to support Vietnamese NGOs that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project’s outcomes, experience with collective action and impact desirable.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org