VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 46 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
The Assistant provides top-notch support to the VP, Global Operation, the Global Operations team, and staff at large in the areas of: procurement; asset tracking and maintenance; computer set up and basic troubleshooting; travel safety and procedures; administration, orientation, and training on VillageReach software; record management; and facilities. The Assistant keeps the front office running, handles phones and mail; and researches issues as they arise. The Assistant also serves as a key member of the fundraising development team, providing administrative support for development-related activities including oversight of all donor data and records, management of the donor database, gift processing and assistance with donor communications and the planning and implementation of fundraising events.
This position is fast-paced, dynamic, and integral to the smooth operation of our organization. General duties comprise about 75% of the position; fundraising development responsibilities comprise about 25% of the position respectively, although the effort spent on each will vary from day to day depending upon assigned tasks and deadlines. The Assistant must be extremely organized, proactive, and flexible; able to meet multiple deadlines and set priorities; and have superior communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Administrative Support (75%)
· Serve as the first point of contact at VillageReach; greet visitors, answer, screen and transfer a low volume of inbound calls, and monitor phone messages; monitor [email protected]. Receive deliveries and assist with general mail, Fedex/express mailing.
· Procurement and asset tracking: Manage internal procurement system; research and make recommendations on equipment purchases; coordinate asset tracking across all offices.
· Administer and maintain organizational files and documentation, mainly on Dropbox
· Technology support: Triage routine or complex IT problems by monitoring [email protected], either problem-solving or escalating issues to internal and external IT experts. Assign and maintain usernames and passwords for VillageReach, Exchange email, software applications and cloud-based systems. Maintain and track licenses for, and orient and train staff on, VillageReach business software.
· Make frequent travel arrangements involving complex international itineraries and hotel arrangements as needed; act as a liaison for the coordination of travel with travel agent and employee; assist with paperwork and track status for visa applications needed for employees traveling; serve as administrator for outside travel security service and system.
· Maintain office equipment (copier, printer) and order/maintain inventory of supplies in the office, coffee area, and breakroom; maintain office orderliness in common areas and assist with facilities requests. Assist with HQ purchases and on occasion international shipping. Maintain and update local and global assets. Help coordinate and write notes for monthly staff meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Development Support (25%)
· Process donor gifts and acknowledgements, ensuring accurate tracking of donor information in the donor database and excellent donor stewardship. Work with the accounting staff to reconcile monthly giving revenue to the general ledger; Prepare reports monthly and as needed, and produce annual tax documentation in partnership with finance.
· Serve as Salesforce Administrator for donor database and participate as member of Salesforce Community of Practice team. Act as steward/data manager for entering, maintaining and reporting donor information. Work with IT and Communications teams to upgrade Salesforce, upload content, and integrate with other organizational systems such as Mail Chimp
· Research and help implement new technology tools to support fundraising development activities, such as donor prospecting software, giving platforms and donation processing tools.
· Assist the Director of Development with fundraising events; Prepare and distribute invitations (printed and electronic) and track RSVP’s; Organize supplies/logistics and implement post-event follow-up and communications.
· Maintain external donation sites (e.g. Network for Good, Benevity, JustGive, Charity Navigator).
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees.
· Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
· Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
· Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
· Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
· Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience and demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted office environment required; as is intellectual curiosity.
· Bachelor’s Degree, demonstrated knowledge of global health, experience with database such as salesforce/other database system, and fundraising experience preferred.
· Fearless in embracing relevant office technology, including demonstrated ability to easily adopt and train others on new tools and processes.
· Experience and competency using web-based collaboration and communication tools.
· Excellent written and verbal professional communication abilities.
· Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
· Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices and location of other global staff, US based staff are expected to be available for early morning meetings starting at 6am.
Approximately 90% of the workday is spent sitting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org