At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Executive Director, International Labor Standards is responsible for managing the global, enterprise-wide international labor standards program for the Company. This role provides input into the direction and development of a cohesive supply chain compliance function comprised of international labor standards, raw materials traceability, supply chain mapping, conflict minerals, and other supply chain compliance functions. The Executive Director operationalizes standards within International Labor Standards and is a leader optimizing department processes through the use of a state-of-the-art compliance platform. Additionally, this executive role will apply subject matter expertise to compliance, policy discussions, and supporting integrated stakeholder engagement across the supply chain compliance domain.
- Create and execute innovative supply chain social responsibility strategies in close partnership with the VP, Global Product and Labor Standards.
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight for global, enterprise-wide international labor standards program.
- Manage a large, regionally based international team. Contribute to the five-year plans and manage the annual International Labor Standards operating budget.
- Partner closely with internal colleagues, including the Global Public Policy team, to ensure a unified stakeholder engagement approach to supply chain compliance matters.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the assessment of emerging industry issues and the interpretation of program policies to new and acquired businesses.
- Work closely with internal business segments, Legal, Corporate Communications and licensees/vendors to address violations and public allegations involving Disney, in partnership with the VP, Global Product and Labor Standards.
- Provide guidance and input to internal and external communications and training strategies including public disclosures and crisis management in partnership with Public Policy and Communications.
- Contribute subject matter expertise as it relates to policy development and execution.
- Partner with business units and legal to negotiate contract provisions relating to ILS.
- Identify and address the risks associated with the The Walt Disney Company products and vendors, both vertical and licensed operations.
- Ideal candidate will have approximately 8-10 years of experience in corporate social responsibility or other compliance-related work preferably with specific experience in ethical sourcing or labor standards at an international level, with executive leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate social responsibility, ethical sourcing and labor rights issues and reporting.
- Experience leveraging data to predict and draw conclusions about supply chain compliance trends.
- Experience in licensing, consumer products, global supply chains, manufacturing and distribution and operational matters.
- Experience in factory monitoring program development and process management.
- Experience managing and leading international teams and managing complex budgets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience influencing key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- High integrity
- Experience in complex, multi-national company.
- Experience in contract negotiations.
- Experience in raw materials traceability
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management software
- Four-Year degree in corporate social responsibility-related field, international relations or supply chain management, or equivalent professional experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org