Willis Towers Watson’s Financial Solutions group has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Political Risk Senior Broker. The role sits within the Americas Political Risk team Political risk insurance (PRI) protects companies investing in, or trading with, foreign countries against losses caused by certain political perils. Key risks include: actions of a government such as expropriation, sanctions, embargo, export restrictions, currency controls, and sovereign nonpayment; as well as political conditions such as war, political violence, and terrorism.
The Political Risk Insurance Senior Broker will work with the other members of the global team to develop, deliver, and continuously manage the full suite of political risk insurance solutions for new and existing corporate clients within the Americas. The aim is to assume management of a book of business and handle all stages of client engagement, contributing our growth targets. They will also contribute to the practice through thought leadership insights for internal and external audience, product innovation, and industry expertise, based on relevant advances in the field.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Geopolitical Research & PRI Practice projects
- Identifies and monitors key news issues, events, key arbitrations, or documents of leading think tanks, trade associations, and other organizations to stay abreast of geopolitical landscape, foreign direct investment climates, and key parties involved
- May attend events/networking to cultivate expertise and contacts with external organizations
- Researches emerging risks for multinational corporations for both FDI and cross- border trade
- Projects for the PRI Practice including product innovations, incident and loss research, benchmarking, industry risks, PRI marketplace dynamics
Client Service and Placement
- Account responsibilities for existing and new business include:
- Risk Identification: engages with clients to assess their risk management needs
- Program Design: propose placement structure(s) based on risk characteristics, client parameters, and marketplace dynamics
- Program Development: negotiate with PRI marketplace in quotation process including bespoke wording solutions
- Program Delivery: manages policy delivery
- Account Management: manage all stages of subsequent anniversary & renewals including presentations, exposure comparisons, risk analysis, and recommendations
- Account Maintenance: oversea other team members, manage and monitors payment of premiums and practice revenues; manages files for each account and supports audits
- May participate in practice budget and income related meetings
New Business Development
- Prospect Identification: researches prospects and manages lists of open engagements
- Marketing Outreach: travel and present PRI to internal and external audiences
- Marketing Campaigns: develop and manage marketing campaigns in all media forms
- Network Outreach: may attend events in international business or relations field and cultivate contacts accordingly
- Product Innovation: assists in identifying needs for new products, approaches, or wordings and suggests solutions to colleagues
- A strong interest in international business/affairs and a bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Economics, Finance, Accounting, Political Science, Risk Management, or a related field
- 5-10+ years of experience demonstrated through internships and/or job experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Candidate must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, a team player, and have strong inter-personal skills that enable effective interaction with clients, colleagues, and underwriters with various cultural backgrounds and under time pressure
- An advanced degree encompassing finance, law, and /or business coursework preferred
- Foreign language proficiency, specifically Spanish, is a plus
- Familiarity with political risk analytical modeling, experience in property & casualty insurance, experience with client management, experience in sales, and prior international work or life experience are each a plus
- Candidate must be located in the Washington, DC area
- Within three months of hire, the candidate must obtain an insurance producer license.
Willis Towers Watson may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org