The anticipated goal of this multi-year program is to strengthen community, national and regional peacebuilding and conflict mitigation mechanisms and capacities in key countries in West Africa. The program will also focus on preventing and countering violent extremism in these countries.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for providing strategic guidance, technical leadership and ensuring overall oversight and implementation of the anticipated program. The position is expected to be based in Accra, Ghana. Specific countries of focus may include Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Ghana, Mauritania, and Niger.
· Provide overall leadership, technical oversight, quality control, management, and thought leadership to the program.
· Oversee program implementation; collaborate with USAID, national and regional government actors, and stakeholders, including program partners, public and private sector organizations, service providers, and beneficiaries to address program objectives.
· Support and supervise staff, consultants, and partners involved in the design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of this program.
· Coordinate with MSI Home Office and USAID counterparts to ensure program compliance with MSI and USAID regulations and requirements.
· Foster and maintain excellent and effective relationships with USAID and other donors and government officials.
· Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, updating on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
· A Master’s degree or higher in international development, peacebuilding, conflict mitigation or management, public administration, or a closely related field.
· Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience designing, implementing, and managing programs sponsored by USAID or other international donors.
· Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
· Previous experience working in sub-Saharan Africa countries experiencing conflict, instability, or political transition. Experience in West Africa preferred.
· Demonstrated expertise in countering and preventing violent extremism or community resilience and social cohesion.
· Demonstrated excellence in strategic management and experience managing complex programs across multiple countries or locations.
· Demonstrated experience coordinating and aligning programming with national and regional governing bodies.
· Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams.
· Complete fluency in oral and written English. Working professional proficiency in oral and written in French.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
· Previous experience with USAID.
· Previous experience working in West Africa and/or the Sahel, with a particular focus on Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Ghana, Mali, Mauritania, and Niger.
· Demonstrated experience working directly or coordinating with one or more of the following organizations: ECOWAS, G5 Sahel, Permanent Inter-State Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel, Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF), or African Union or United Nations working groups.
· Fluency in Akuapem Twi, Asante Twi, Fante, Dagaare and Dagbanli a plus.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org