LEVEL: Junior to Mid-Level (2-6 years' experience)
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, FL preferred, however fully remote candidates are eligible and will be considered
TYPE: Full Time Regular
DEADLINE: Wednesday, 11 May 2022 @ 5pm EDT
McColm & Company (McCO) is a mission-driven and customer-focused consulting firm that equips change makers with the knowledge, skills, and insights they need to succeed in an increasingly complex world. McCO specializes in supporting U.S. federal customers with internationally and thematically-focused portfolios by designing and delivering bespoke professional training programs, effective capacity building solutions, and by providing highly specialized advisory and analysis expertise to decision makers. McCO offers unique expertise in three thematic areas: Security, Peacebuilding, and Diplomacy; Economic Growth and Trade; and Climate, Conservation, and Energy.
McCO is seeking an experienced Finance and Administration Specialist who will support the home office in the compliant delivery of client programs. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for supporting effective financial management, procurement, human resources, facilities, administration, and operations of a dynamic small business. The successful candidate will contribute to company growth and grow with the company.
- Overall management of McCO’s honoraria system platform, including but not limited to, generation and processing of honoraria letters, coordination of guest speaker documentation, preparation and monitoring for completion of Guest Speaker Confirmation forms, creation of bills for payment, monitoring of payments, etc. McCO will train the successful candidate on this platform, but basic knowledge of finance and accounting is required.
- Support AR/AP, manage/support vendor profile creation, prepare invoices to clients and process approved payments to vendors and consultants.
- Support international and domestic payment transactions and troubleshoot, when needed.
- Develop effective position announcements and disseminate to target audiences (using website, social media, mailing lists, job boards, and other mechanisms) to generate awareness and encourage applications from qualified candidates.
- Monitor applications and create shortlists of candidates meeting the qualifications.
- Coordinate the scheduling of interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Support facilities needs at McCO home office, including basic/essential IT supports.
- Review, copy edit, and format programmatic and corporate materials prior to delivery or dissemination.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-6 years’ experience working in corporate/business operations for a government contractor focused on an optimal mix of finance, administration/operations, and human resources strongly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or other related area of study;
- Experience with or knowledge of U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Defense and/or federal government training programs is a plus;
- Experience using Bill.com, Quickbooks Online, SignNow, Weebly, TeamWork, Google for Work is a plus;
- Strong capability with MS Office software; including complex formatting in MS Word, PowerPoint, and advanced formulas, charts, and graphs with MS Excel;
- Collaborative style with commitment to a collegial, flexible, and supportive working environment in which staff operate as one team;
- Ability to engage professionally and formally with client senior leadership and programmatic staff;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong record of consistently exercising sound judgement;
- Demonstrates integrity that is felt by all;
- Fluency in English required;
- Residency in a HUBZone is a plus.