Habitat for Humanity believes decent and affordable shelter is a basic human right and the key to better health, welfare and economic sustainability.
At Habitat for Humanity Fiji, we embrace 30 years rooted in creating equity and take our mission seriously by courageously committing to a culture and workplace where all staff feel safe, welcome, visible, respected, supported and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we realise that our success depends upon building an inclusive workforce of diverse perspectives and encourage people of varied races, ethnicities, national origins, tribes, religions, ages, gender identities and expressions, genders, sexual orientations, marital statuses, disabilities, socio-economic statuses, thinking and communication styles to work with us.
Habitat for Humanity Fiji (HFHF) is seeking a talented and dynamic professional for the role of National Director - Fiji.
The National Director (ND) will lead the development and execution of Habitat for Humanity Fiji’s new country strategy.
The ND will lead, direct, develop and manage HFHF resources ensuring quality, effectiveness and accountability in line with HFHF & HFHI policies, protocols and standards. The ND will lead a multi-skilled team of shelter practitioners to achieve HFHF vision of providing adequate, resilient housing solutions.
– Master’s degree required in a relevant field, such as international development or relations, public administration, management, civil engineering, and/or social sciences.
– Ten or more years of successful regional experience, including five or more years effective senior management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector and within the Pacific region.
– Community development experience a distinct advantage.
– Experience in non-profit/NGO resource development.
– Programming experience in systems change and experience of working with governments/markets to transform and strengthen systems.
– Experience in developing proposals and successfully executing projects with funding from institutional donors.
– Experience in the development and nurturing of strategic partnerships in both a peer and lead agency role.
– Experience developing and implementing projects funded by complex donors and of working and negotiating with large institutional donors; e.g. DFAT, MFAT, etc.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org