Environmental Incentives is seeking a highly productive person to fill the position of Program Associate. This position will support the Program Cycle Mechanism (PCM).
The Program Cycle Mechanism (PCM) is a multi-year institutional support contract managed by the USAID Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL) and implemented by EI with four partner organizations. This high-performing and busy team is focused on helping USAID to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of USAID interventions in order to achieve lasting development outcomes. The Program Cycle is the USAID operational model for planning, delivering, assessing, and adapting development programming in a given region, sector, or country to advance U.S. foreign policy.
Assistance provided under institutional support contract includes the development or revision of policy, guidance, training; supporting innovative capacity building approaches; providing direct staffing and technical assistance support to Mission and Washington offices; supporting the implementation of the Program Cycle at an Agency-wide level; and facilitating the sharing of Program Cycle resources online with USAID internal and external audiences.
About Environmental Incentives
Environmental Incentives’ Mission is to enhance the environments that sustain healthy communities. We empower public and private sector leaders to maximize the effectiveness of their conservation and development programs. Our clients trust us to design and support implementation of programs that (1) use evidence to develop effective strategies within complex systems, (2) center local stakeholder experiences and facilitate collective action, and (3) produce results that support learning about what works. Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation with offices located in Washington, DC, South Lake Tahoe, San Diego, Nairobi, and Lima (pending registration). Our remote staff and consultants are based in multiple states within the United States, and across five continents.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the project team, including partner organizations and consultants.
- Maintain excellent communication within and across teams to support smooth operations.
- Support internal operations and team events: plan team-building activities and marketing events, support office operations, and implementation of special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned and related to the position.
TECHNICAL SERVICE DELIVERY
- Assist with research, knowledge management, and data management to provide inputs to products related to implementation of international development programs.
- Support development and rollout of project deliverables such as work plans, meeting and workshop agendas and notes, synthesis of discussions, and summary reports.
- Track project outputs and knowledge projects through their scoping, drafting, review, revision, and approval processes; ensure project outputs are filed properly.
- Support external and internal meetings and events, such as through organizing meeting logistics, facilitation, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, and/or coordinating follow-up.
- Work with subject matter experts to produce fact sheets, case studies, success stories, and other communications materials that summarize findings and knowledge for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support the development of high quality, brand-compliant, multimedia communications products and visual assets.
- Manage and contribute website content, including blog posts.
- Copyedit written materials including reports, briefs, and presentations.
Environmental Incentives seeks talented, creative, and inspired professionals who can provide support in a growing practice. Environmental Incentives intentionally minimize our requirements to allow for a diverse group of candidates with less typical career paths to apply and be considered. Potential candidates should not assume that minimum qualifications are indicative of the seniority of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, Business, Organizational Development, Communications, or similar field and 3+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and 1 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated administrative and technical experience managing multiple tasks and consultants, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience conducting qualitative analysis, literature reviews, and carrying out key informant interviews.
- Experience in international development, USAID or other donor experience.
- Cross-cultural competence and experiences working, living, or studying in other countries.
- Training in a field relevant to international development, or project management certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication and copy-editing skills.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of MS Office suite (particularly MS Word, Teams, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar Google Drive/File Stream, Sheets, Docs).
- Strong program management skills and ability to produce quality products as scheduled.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client management and stakeholder management.
- Ability to collaborate with, listen to, respect, and celebrate the contributions of others, including others of different cultural backgrounds.
- Problem-solving orientation and growth mind-set.
- Professional working proficiency in English (written and verbal communication skills). Professional working proficiency is defined as being:
- Able to use the language effectively in most formal and informal written exchanges on practical, social and professional topics.
- Able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most conversations on practical, social, and professional topics.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a USG facility access or security clearance.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
- Willingness to be available outside of regular office hours for client calls and other time-sensitive tasks.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org