Digital Frontiers is a $90 million buy-in mechanism available to USAID Bureaus and Missions from 2017-2024. DAI implements the Digital Frontiers project, which works closely with USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI); the Technology division within the Innovations Technology, and Research Hub (ITR/T); USAID Missions; the private sector; civil society organizations; and international and local development organizations to identify successful and sustainable digital development approaches and scale their impact globally.
In April 2020, USAID released its first-ever Digital Strategy. The Strategy charts an Agency-wide vision for development and humanitarian assistance in the world’s rapidly evolving digital landscape. The Strategy’s goal is to achieve and sustain open, secure, and inclusive digital ecosystems that contribute to broad-based, measurable development, and humanitarian assistance outcomes. By adopting a systems approach to understanding the digital landscape, grounded in USAID’s Digital Ecosystem Framework, USAID and its partners are able to responsibly harness the opportunities and mitigate the risks associated with digital technology.
Digital Frontiers played a key role in supporting the development and launch of the Digital Strategy and continues to play an integral role in its implementation. Digital Frontiers works closely with USAID to ensure a thorough, thoughtful, and consensus‐led process for the implementation of the various Digital Strategy initiatives.
DAI seeks a Communications Project Manager, Digital Strategy to provide strategic communications and project management support to the Digital Strategy Buy-In.
Candidates must have U.S. work authorization and an ability to keep EST hours. DAI is unable to sponsor visas.
Communications Management and Content Development
- Provide direct communications support to the Digital Strategy’s current activities. This could include preparing communications materials such as developing communications strategies, social media toolkits, blogs and fact sheets, copy-editing and formatting materials, managing events, writing success stories and talking points, and preparing presentations and reports.
- Support development of, and may require independent drafting of, thought leadership pieces on new and innovative uses of digital technology in development.
- Create dissemination plans and/or communications campaigns for knowledge products and support implementation in partnership with the initiative lead and the client.
- Understand digital development concepts to enable content creation for various products. This will require continual learning in an evolving field.
- Utilize MEL data, lessons learned, and accomplishments to feed into storytelling to highlight implementation achievements.
- Identify new opportunities, including channels, audiences, partners, etc., to target for outreach and to leverage Digital Strategy work.
Client and Project Management
- Work closely with USAID clients to support product development, thought partnership, and design communications strategies.
- Oversee communications-related consultants and sub-awardees. This includes communications, copy editor, and graphic design freelancers.
- Ensure all Digital Strategy products are compliant with the Digital Frontiers Marking and Branding Plan and USAID Style Guide.
- Liaise with other communications offices and staff within DAI and USAID.
- Close collaboration with the Digital Strategy MEL team to contribute to the quarterly and annual reports.
- Manage a small independent budget, including updating pipeline and tracking invoices.
- BA (master’s degree preferred) with a minimum of six years of work experience in communications and international development.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative.
- Attention to detail and ability to balance competing priorities.
- Familiarity with USAID programming and branding polices preferred.
- Must be willing to work during traditional EST business operating hours.
The position is currently scheduled through September 2023 to complete the above deliverables with a likely extension through September 2024.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org