Would you like to support human rights defenders through your work? Are you well-organised, a clear communicator and motivated to contribute to a good cause? Then we are looking for you!
Justice & Peace Netherlands is a human rights NGO based in The Hague that has been working to promote respect for human rights, in the Netherlands and internationally, for over 50 years. We believe that local change makers are key to achieving human rights and social justice for everyone, everywhere.
In our Human Rights Defenders Programme we aim to enable human rights defenders worldwide to protect and promote human rights in a safer and more effective manner, thereby contributing to a safer and more enabling environment for all human rights work. We do this through temporary relocation, capacity building and other activities. From 1 January 2023 onwards, we will start a multiannual project in which we work together with partner organisations in the Netherlands and internationally to support human rights defenders through advocacy, capacity building, temporary relocation and other forms of support.
To support our team we are looking for a:
Start date: 1 January 2023
Duration: initially until 31 December 2023, with the possibility for renewal in the years after
Justice & Peace is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from people who may bring diversity to our team.
What will you do?
You will play a central role in this important, multi-annual project: you keep track of planning, budgets, and keep in touch with all partners to ensure the smooth implementation of the project. You will work closely together with the programme coordinator and the financial expert.
You will, amongst other things:
- Keep track of budgets and project expenditures by Justice & Peace as well as our partner organisations. You will ensure that the administration of this project is well organized and up to date.
- Keep in close contact with partner organisations to ensure they know what information to provide when, and support them where necessary.
- Support the programme coordinator with all relevant tasks, including planning, logistical support and organization of events and meetings.
- Support the financial expert with all relevant tasks, including processing administration and invoices and maintaining a well-organised project archive.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the implementation of the activities and expenditures.
- Other tasks relevant to Justice & Peace.
What is your profile?
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in project administration. Experience in working in the human rights sector is considered an asset.
- At least bachelor level education in a relevant field, such as international (human rights) law, international relations, political science, or business administration.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills. You like to get things done and are creative and resourceful.
- You have strong affinity with financials and working with budgets.
- Clear and convincing communicator: you can bring your message across diplomatically but clearly to colleagues, partners and third parties and make sure they provide what you need within the set time limits.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Being able to read Dutch is required; written and oral skills in Dutch are considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Dutch financial regulations is considered an asset.
- These words describe you: result-oriented, takes initiative, stress resistant, professional, team player, open minded and sensitive to cultural differences.
- You have legal status allowing you to work in the Netherlands immediately. We are unfortunately unable to support you in acquiring or maintaining this. If you don’t have EU nationality, please state explicitly in your resume what (and up to when) your residence status in the Netherlands is.
What we offer:
- Good and competitive working conditions.
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses to our office building (2nd class public transport) up to a 100 km radius from The Hague.
- Stimulating work environment in a small and dedicated team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand.
- A part-time workplace at our office in The Hague city centre. You are expected to be located in the Netherlands for this position.
- The opportunity to make a real change in the lives of human rights defenders.
Send a motivationletter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) before 1 December 2022 to Sebastiaan van der Zwaan, director, via: [email protected], citing ‘Project administrator’. For more information you can e-mail the above address.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org