To maximize our impact, we are recruiting for an ambitious new USAID-funded global initiative, “Business Case for Collective Landscape Action”. This ambitious applied research initiative will resolve core barriers to “Achieving Sustainable Landscape goals via reducing deforestation in Commodity Supply Chains and Promoting Landscape Restoration” faced by key stakeholders such as global companies, investors, tropical governments, and local actors. The implementation approach operates at the nexus of landscape impact delivery and finance, market and policy enabling conditions. Work is primarily focused in the Amazon and includes targeted interventions in Indonesia.
This position is an exciting opportunity to bring into the world a suite of new products, services and development solutions at the cutting-edge of landscape management, with leading NGO partners and in collaboration with world leading global companies.
The Chief of Party will provide overall strategic direction and oversight to the initiative, assuming ultimate accountability for delivery of initiative targets and its overall theory-of-change.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Provide overall strategic oversight and technical direction to the whole initiative;
- Take accountability for ensuring full delivery of technical, financial, compliance, resource mobilization and other contractual obligations;
- Serve as primary contact point with USAID and link between USAID, partners, and senior RA staff;
- Build results-based partnerships with key external stakeholders;
- Lead, convene and coordinate internal and external advisory committees;
- Lead process to develop high-quality annual workplans, reports and periodic adaptive management including periodic pause and reflect sessions;
- Build a high-performing and effective team, through coaching and mentoring of staff, effective engagement of consortium partners and establishment of effective management and coordination processes;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and ensure high-quality of all technical deliverables;
- Proactively identify and manage risk, escalating key issues to supervisors when appropriate;
- Coordinate extensively with RA senior staff and partners across geographies to mobilize internal resources, achieve efficient implementation, and integrate activity results and learnings with RA’s broader institutional processes and strategies;
- Lead a team of individuals and subgrantees based in different locations and timezones globally; and
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, mentoring and evaluating, guiding professional development opportunities and addressing employee relations issues.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, environment, business administration, economy, or another relevant international development field, required;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in international development field managing multilateral organizations funds/projects with USAID, required;
- At least 10 years in senior roles, providing conceptual leadership and oversight of complex natural resource management initiatives with private and financial sector engagement, required;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing senior staff and partners in multiple countries, with mentorship and conflict resolution skills;
- Team player with an emphasis on trust, ethics and respect, by consistently modelling high standards of performance when working with colleagues;
- Demonstrated track record of brokering effective partnerships and platforms with the public, private and financial sector, required;
- Demonstrated experience leading the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects as well as mobilizing resources;
- Technical knowledge of deforestation-driving commodities and underlying challenges;
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% per year, nationally and internationally;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English, required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org