PMCG supports USAID programs globally with in-country surge support to address political, developmental, and reconstruction needs through a five-year Middle East North Africa (MENA) blanket purchase agreement (BPA) to provide administrative, technical, and programmatic staff support services to field-based programs managed by USAID in the MENA region to include Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, and Afghanistan.
PMCG in support of USAID seeks an Acquisition & Assistance (A&A) Assistant to support the USAID Middle East Regional Platform (USAID/MERP). The A&A Assistant will support USAID/MERP contracting actions, as well as provide surge support for USAID operating units in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Assignment Title: USAID/MERP A&A Assistant
Primary Work Location: Remote
Contracting Office (Mission/Other Location): USAID/MERP
Dates required (from/to): February 1 – September 30, 2023
System Access needed: AIDNET, GLAAS, ASIST
Security Clearance Requirements Facilities Access Clearance required
The A&A Assistant will perform specialized functions which include, and are not limited to, the drafting of A&A documents and assist with the solicitation, negotiation, award, administration, and modification of complex A&A instruments that implement USAID development assistance programs. Award types may include purchase orders, fixed amount awards, competitively negotiated technical contracts, cooperative agreements, grants, Participating Agency Service Agreements (PASAs) and sole source contracts, among others.
- Responsible for performing pre-award tasks, such as planning for A&A actions, receiving, and reviewing requirements documents, drafting, posting and managing solicitations, performing evaluations and related analyses, drafting negotiations memoranda, and required source selection documents, participating in pre-award surveys, and preparing award packages for review and signature.
- Serve as a resource to A&A Specialists, and other Mission personnel when A&A questions or problems arise.
- Provide pre-award and post-award support, the A&A Assistant will collect and analyze data in response to inquiries from stakeholders, coordinates responses to requests for information, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to OAA and support as a back-up to the procurement agent and provide surge support for USAID operating units in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Provide back-up support in the performance of EXO’s procurement actions including drafting purchase orders and related negotiation memoranda, processing the actions in GLAAS, drafting and issuing modifications to these purchase orders, as necessary, and other pre-award and post-award actions.
- Coordinate with the A&A Specialists to provide guidance to Activity Managers, Contractor Officer’s Representatives (CORs) and Agreement Officer’s Representatives (AOR) in the preparation of planning documents for each proposed A&A action.
- Maintain a tracking system on all actions performed OAA by keeping track of all incoming, assigned, in process, completed and pending A&A transactions, in coordination with A&A specialists.
- Lead the streamlining, consolidation, and management of the OAA files
- Organize, maintain, and update all A&A folders by ensuring that all required information on active awards (including contracts, grants, agreements, task orders, PASAs and purchase orders) are properly scanned and filed (using ASIST) in accordance with the Agency policy and other federal record management requirements. Regularly cleans archive electronic folders.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Education: Completion of secondary school with two or more years of collegiate or post-secondary studies in business administration, management, accounting, finance, law, or marketing is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of three years of progressively responsible administrative and professional experience which includes some procurement, finance, marketing, accounting, or other related responsibility.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org