The U.S. Department of Energy’s Water Power Technologies Office enables research, development, and testing of emerging technologies to advance marine energy as well as next generation hydropower and pumped storage systems for a flexible, reliable grid.
1) Perform budget formulation, execution and administration work involving the monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of funds as well as development of budget materials.
2) Review/edits assigned program or project budget submissions for reasonableness, balance, accuracy, and conformance with organizational and Federal budgetary procedures and guidelines.
3) Formulate, develop and implement justifications for requested funds.
4) Prepare initial budget estimates and justifications for assigned areas or programs; interpret applicable DOE and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directives and circulars.
5) Review financial data and budget reports for a complex organization.
6) Participate in the analysis of budget estimates and requests for allotments submitted by managers for accuracy of format, mathematical accuracy, adequacy of supporting narrative justification, and conformance with DOE budgetary policy and guidelines.
GS-9 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
Assisting in providing recommendations to an organization on budget, planning, and project management.; AND
Tracking obligation and expenditure of funds and provides reports on status of funds.; AND
Maintaining program data for tracking program information utilizing a variety of reporting systems/tools.; AND
Reviewing and analyzing policies, regulations, procedures, and requirements issued by higher authority to determine their impact on operations.
OR EDUCATION: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related. Graduate level education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of this position.
OR COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: You may qualify on a combination of education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the specialized experience requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the educational requirement must equal at least 100%. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
$63,271 - $84,441 per year
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org