At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top professional services firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists with deep industry knowledge helping to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager/Director to join our Environmental, Social and Governance practice
- Track major international initiatives in a broad range of environmental issues including climate change, biodiversity, green financing, circular economy, pollution, ESG investing, and work in partnership with KPMG firms around the world to identify and win major client opportunities linked to those initiatives
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to KPMG teams in the preparation of proposals and execution of projects for multi-lateral development banks (MDBs) and other national and international organizations on climate and environmental sustainability issues
- Support KPMG teams to develop strategies and business plans for key clients in the climate change and environmental sustainability sector, including through fostering collaboration across service lines and assembling multi-disciplinary teams
- Establish and develop valuable long-term relationships with key stakeholders in the climate change and environmental sustainability community
- Provide key inputs into the development of thought leadership on climate and environmental sustainability issues to enhance the KPMG brand and improve our positioning with key international development organizations
- Advise senior leadership on KPMG’s role and positioning in international forums with respect to climate change and environmental sustainability
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience in the international development sector, preferably working with a range of global development organizations or consultancies advising them on issues related to climate change and environment
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university; Masters degree is preferred from an accredited college or university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./ LL.M., Enrolled Agent, PHD (Doctor of Philosophy), DBA (Doctor of Business Administration), MBA (Masters of Business Administration), MDS (Masters of Development Studies), MEC (Masters of Economics), MED (Masters of Education), MTX (Masters of Taxation), MIE (Masters in International Economics), MPOD (Masters of Organizational Dynamics), MPH (Masters of Public Health), MHA (Masters in Health Administration), MPAD (Masters of Public Administration), MIR (Masters in International Relations), MNPM (Masters in Non-profit Management), MPP (Masters in Public Policy), MIAFF (Masters of International Affairs), CSA (Career Studies Certificate in Accounting), ARMC (Associate in Risk Management), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics), CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager), CHC (Certified in Healthcare Compliance), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CMA (Certified Management Accountant), CNPM (Certified Non-Profit Manager), FRM (Financial Risk Management) or CMI (Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation); please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that does not currently possess one of the credential /designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Significant direct working experience in or with MDBs, bilateral development agencies or development/climate oriented international organizations required; a thorough understanding of global development and climate and environmental financing architecture, processes and business models preferred
- Proven ability to successfully lead major proposals and projects preferably in the development sector in a range of country environments
- Experience working in developing countries at team leader level preferred; fluency in a foreign language and/or experience living or working in developing countries is preferred
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org