Are you a recent graduate looking for meaningful work in a Brussels-based traineeship?
Here’s a chance to join our award-winning team and tackle disinformation in Europe. International news literacy organisation Lie Detectors employs trainees who will help us promote news literacy and critical thinking through our work with journalists, schools, researchers and policymakers.
You must have drive, an eye for detail and be fluent in English and French or German. This is a full-time, four-month traineeship with an option to renew for two additional months. Our traineeships have, on occasion, led to entry-level permanent employment.
We are filling this position at short notice and will review applications daily. Start date is as soon as possible and no later than May 2023. The application deadline is Thursday 30 March at 23:59 CET. We may expedite contact with strong candidates.
Lie Detectors is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Lie Detectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
We strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance across the team.
- Raise the profile of Lie Detectors on digital communications channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, our own website and via the newsletters we send out to our community;
- Support coordination of media relations across Europe, identifying the most fruitful opportunities to pitch for media coverage and ensuring timely, professional responses to media inquiries;
- Manage the continual refresh of branded materials to ensure our team across Europe can access the most up to date versions of key collateral;
- Achieve agreed personal targets and contribute to those of the team as a whole;
- The post-holder will be asked to act on other reasonable requests from the Communications Director and, in their absence, the Executive Director;
- Maintain an orderly database, enforce order in our filing system;
- Following meetings on a ad hoc basis and writing minutes.
Ideal Qualifications and Skills
- Studies towards or completed a Bachelor’s or similar degree/work experience in Communications, Journalism, Education, Government, or related fields;
- Demonstrated interest in journalism, education, and media literacy;
- Professional fluency in English and French or German;
- Proficiency with design and video software;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- A detail-oriented and structured thinker able to maintain orderly systems;
- Dynamic and pro-active;
- Familiarity with MS Office;
- Available from April 2023;
- Commitment to work for Lie Detectors for at least 4 months;
- Familiarity with education and/or media in Austria, Belgium or Germany is a plus.
- Meaningful and impactful work on a globally significant topic;
- An exciting international workplace with a dynamic motivated team;
- COVID-considerate conditions;
- Opportunities to learn new skills. You will never be bored at Lie Detectors. We will onboard you so you can make meaningful contributions shortly after joining;
- Opportunities to learn about the fields of journalism, education policy and digital rights;
- A paid traineeship with Bruxelles Formation.
If you’re the right person for this role, email us your motivation letter and CV with the subject “COMMUNICATIONS TRAINEE” today!
Or, if you know someone who fits this description, please share it.
We review applications daily and may expedite contact with strong candidates.
Final submission deadline is 30 March.
Start date is no later than May 2023.
Visit our webpage for more career opportunities and information.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org