Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community.
Global Communities is seeking an International Recruiter to join the People & Culture team in either Silver Spring, Maryland or San Diego, California. Reporting to the Director of Global Talent Acquisition, the International Recruiter will provide full-cycle recruitment support for a combination of headquarters (HQ) and proposal contingent positions across the organization. They will partner with hiring managers and program leadership to actively plan, prioritize, and execute high quality recruitment processes that identifies top talent across the organization with a focus on diverse and equitable recruitment practices. They will also develop collaborative relationships with business development and program management teams; creates sourcing and recruiting strategies to enhance the international staffing function to streamline processes and improve efficiency. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations and ensuring that all recruitment activity is aligned to the mission and vision of the organization.
Responsibility Area: Proposal Recruitment
- Provides guidance to proposal teams on staffing strategy for a range of activities based on review of RFPs, RFQs, RFAs, and other technical documents.
- Leads recruitment, including sourcing, evaluating, and qualifying key personnel candidates for proposals, field- programs, consultants, and local hires.
- Partners and collaborates with business development, technical experts, and program management teams to develop strategic recruitment campaigns.
- Writes or edits position descriptions, scopes of work, and external job announcements.
- Posts job advertisements on Global Communities’ careers website and external websites
- Screens and interviews candidates, provides recommendations to proposal teams; and provides interview guidance to proposal teams.
- Coordinates and schedules panel interviews for designated positions.
- Manages the timely collection, verification, and editing of proposal submission materials including CVs, biographical data forms; and letters of commitment to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Collaborates with Pricing Team and People & Culture on formulation of offers, including salary and the schedule of allowances.
- Conducts reference checks; negotiates salary and consultant rates; benefits and allowances within proposal budget and donor regulations.
- Proactively networks to source prospective pool of candidates and maintain pipeline.
- Participates in training sessions with staff on recruitment tools and practices such as DevEx, LinkedIn, and sourcing techniques.
- Represents organization at career fairs, professional conferences, and networking events.
Responsibility Area: HQ Recruitment
- Perform full life cycle recruitment of assigned HQ based staffing needs.
- Conduct intake sessions with hiring managers to evaluate staffing needs, assist with defining position’s scope, responsibilities, and requirements.
- Work with hiring managers and interview teams on interview preparation.
- Advertise open positions on targeted job boards, social media, professional membership websites, local colleges and universities, and relevant listservs.
- Review application materials and qualify candidates for all levels across the organization.
- Communicate regularly with hiring managers and job applicants to ensure optimal timing of application to hire process.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews to assess technical competencies and compatibility with the department and organization.
- Coordinate first and second-round interviews with hiring manager, interview panels, and Director or Vice President. Proactively manage the interview process, accounting for all candidates interviewed and ensuring proper documentation.
- Develop and maintains relationships with passive job applicants and continuously networks with peers, current and former colleagues, and industry professionals to maintain an active pipeline of talent for future staffing needs.
- Undertake all other duties and projects as assigned.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support, diversity, and innovation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to travel internationally when needed (5-10% annually).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting and staffing
- Demonstrated success recruiting mid or senior level candidates.
- Excellent relationship-building with consultative and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with staff.
- Ability to think strategically about recruiting and use proactive approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to create successful business partnerships with senior management.
- Sound judgment with ability to make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline and a minimum of two years of related work experience or a minimum of six years of related work experience.
- Experience performing international and/or proposal recruiting preferred.
- Experience with an applicant tracking system (ATS) required.
- Alignment with the mission and values of Global Communities and a commitment to equity and justice
- Fluency in English is required, oral and written communication skills in Spanish, French, Arabic, or another language preferred.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
The salary for this position is $67,930 and 101,805 Salary is based on several factors including qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org