Integrate Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion Approach:
- Provide technical leadership for gender, youth, and social inclusion for the country offices (CO) and set the strategic approach in relation to the wider global strategy, country priorities, and supporting the organization to implement FH’s gender, youth, and social inclusion framework;
- Integrate new technical developments and trends in gender, youth, and social inclusion through dissemination of resources to CO technical experts to access, understand, utilize, and contextualize global guidance, evidence, materials, and tools;
- Build capacity of staff and partners and provide ongoing high-quality technical assistance and coaching.
Resource Mobilization & Program Design:
- Work closely with business units and COs to serve as the technical lead on key strategic gender, youth, and social inclusion funding opportunities, including but not limited to scoping, capture planning, positioning, information gathering, partnership brokering, etc.;
- Provide technical assistance to the COs on design, to fashion a high quality, holistic gender, youth, and social inclusion programs grounded on intersectional gender and power analysis, PYD and upholding accountability for FH’s gender justice policy, and PYD framework, and incorporating best practices, evidence-based solutions, and innovation;
- Promote a Systems Strengthening approach as the overarching framework that supports working in collaboration and partnership with governments and local partners, and working towards impact, scale, and sustainability.
Program Quality During Implementation:
- Provide oversight and guidance to program implementation teams to ensure that thematic program components are technically sound and grounded on gender and power analysis, PYD, and implementation methods are consistent with national and global strategies, acknowledge good practice, and are likely to achieve scale, as well as equitable and sustainable results;
- Promote and monitor integrated programming in a way that increases overall impact of gender sensitive and transformative programs at the community level;
- Contribute to strengthening the use of equality-focused program principles and good practice across themes and sectors;
- Contribute to the development, dissemination, monitoring, and evaluation of innovative program quality tools and resources focused on advancing gender equality, youth development, and social inclusion.
Partnerships and Collaboration:
- In alignment with CO strategy, engage in strategic positioning with donors, partners, and governments, and ensure that FH is a partner of choice in gender equality, youth development, and social inclusion programming;
- Ensure that FH is influencing and learning from others to advance gender equality and positive youth development through CO technical coordination and networking.
Create Evidence Based Knowledge Assets:
- Work with Design Methodology and Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) teams to carry out gender, youth, and social inclusion quality monitoring against international standards, through participatory methodologies that promote social justice (including child-friendly and gender sensitive/transformative methodologies);
- Contribute to organizational learning on gender, youth, and social inclusion ensuring that learning and evidence generated from our programs is distilled into succinct and compelling programmatic guidance and thought leadership, and shared within COs and with our partners, as well as with colleagues in the wider regional and global workforce within FH, via Technical Working/Leadership Groups, Communities of Practice, and externally;
- Provide technical leadership and coordination to nurture a thriving Country Gender Equality, Youth, and Social Inclusion Community of Practice, strengthening quality, cross-pollination of learning, alignment across the region, and creating links between local, regional, and global work;
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs;
- Demonstrated skills in gender, youth, and social inclusion strategy development, preferably for integrated programming across several technical sectors and development areas;
- Experience in applying a range of gender, youth, and social inclusion approaches that address change in social and gender norms and structures, as well as individual behaviors, and that go beyond messaging to catalyzing community action;
- Conceptual and research skills, with ability to think strategically;
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external clients, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, private sector counterparts, and program partners;
- Communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail is required; flexibility and capacity to multitask;
- Excellent written communication, knowledge management and documentation skills required;
- Professional level proficiency in spoken and written English is required;
- Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and Zoom;
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization;
- Able to lift up to 25lbs individually and up to 50lbs as a team lift;
- Ability to travel up to 35% of time per year in the US and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
- Knowledge of innovative gender, youth, and social inclusion approaches;
- Participatory facilitation skills and human centered design experience;
- Experience designing, conducting, or collaborating with formative research, as it pertains to developing gender, youth, and social inclusion strategies, approaches and materials preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively increasing technical responsibility in gender, youth, and social inclusion;
- Prior experience in a complex, matrixed organization, with the ability to scale processes in a global, professional, service organization;
- Non-profit ministry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Women and Gender Studies, Youth and Social Inclusion, or related degree, with focus on gender equality in international development, social work, public health, sociology, anthropology or related area, or equivalent experience.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org